Chapter IV: Joining Forces

A/N: This will be a two parter. bcoz there's too much story and character development for one chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Qrow's POV~

We were  wondering how we'd make the trip since all transportation has been halted. But then I remembered a pilot who could care less about the rules. He was eccentric but at least he was a pilot.

"I know a pilot, but he's a nut", I suggested.

"Does he live in Mistral?", Oscar asked.

"Fortunately."

We load up and walk into town. I lead the group to a run-down  hangar, where we saw a man leaning against   the wall. He was tall, tan, slender with blonde hair in a small pony tail, blue  eyes and he looked like skater.

 He was tall, tan, slender with blonde hair in a small pony tail, blue  eyes and he looked like skater

"Hey, Crisp!", I hollered as my nieces snickered.

"Qrow Branwen. To what do I owe the pleasure?", he asked. " Do you owe someone money again?"

" No, we need a ride out of Mistral. Because Beacon fell, we can't get a ride to anywhere. We need to get to Vale."

"You got it. Since they halted transportation, I've gotten bored."

I turned to the kids and Oscar with a smile.

"Kids, we're heading out", I announced as they cheered.

"The Bullhead's that way", Crisp says while pointing towards the runway.

The kids ran to the Bullhead and piled in. Crisp and I walked to the Bullhead.

"Is this for the wife, Qrow?", Crisp asked making me nod. "'Cause if you're looking for  the rest of her team.. I'll help you, Jade was one of my best passengers and I was the pilot that day so it's my way to redeem it."

"Thanks, Crisp", I said as I got in the Bullhead and the girls were laughing.

Crisp laughed sarcastically with them before speaking up.

"Yes my name is Crisp, laugh it up girlies. It's short for Crispin, so laugh and joke all you want. At least it's not Brick", he huffed.

"Speaking of Brick, how's your brother?", I asked.

"He's good, just got married a month ago", He said as he hopped into the pilot's seat and we took off.

~Time skip to them landing brought to you by Qrow drinking with Dot Pixis~

We exited the bullhead and Crisp told us that he would be staying with some family. It felt good to be back in Vale, so many memories here. We walked along the outskirts looking for the Dracos. We saw a group of boys sparing in the meadow, there were two humans and a yellow dragon Faunus. The Faunus saw me and ran towards us.