Chapter I: We have an Aunt!?

~5-6 years later~

~Ruby's POV~

I was playing go fish with Nora while the guys were taking turns arm wrestling Yang's new arm, Weiss was painting her nails, Oscar went on walk and Uncle Qrow went to get groceries.

"Got any twos?", asked Nora.

"Nope, go fish", I said as she drew a card. "Got any te-"

I didn't get to finish because there was a knock at the door. I put my cards down and got up to answer the door. It was Oscar, but he was holding a wooden box. I looked at him and he gave me the look that Professor Ozpin could only give.

"Hi, Professor Ozpin!", I chirped.

"Hello, Ms. Rose", he greeted. "Is Qrow still out?"

"Yup, he went out to get groceries."

"I see. Could you and Ms. Xiao Long do a favor for me?"

Yang slammed Jaune's arm onto the table before getting up. She walked over to us while Jaune cradled his arm.

"What can we do for you?", Yang asked as she rested her hands on her hips.

"I need you to take this box to Qrow's room and whatever you do, do not open it", he instructed as he gave me the box.

"Ok! We'll do it!", I said as we walked to Uncle Qrow's room.

~Time skip to Qrow's room brought to you by Loki discovering Tumblr~

We walked into the room and put the box on his bed. I couldn't help but wonder what was in the box. I felt at war with myself over the box, I hear one voice say 'open it' and another say 'don't open it'. I absentmindedly reach out to the box, but suddenly felt a hand on my wrist. I look at Yang to see her give me a warning look.

"Ozpin said not to open it, Ruby", Yang reminded me.

"I know, but what's one little peek?", I asked.

"If Dad were here, he'd say no. But Dad's not here, I'm here and I say let's do it!"

We sat on the bed and put our hands on the box.

"Ok, on three", said Yang.

"One", I said.

"Two."

"Three!", we said as we lifted the lid.

This was some sort of memory box! There was a ticket stub from the movies that was Yang's age, a pressed Iris flower, a guitar pick from a Griddle concert, ticket stubs from a Far Out Boy concert, a program from Alexander and pictures. I pulled out a picture of what looked like a younger Uncle Qrow and this girl with long black hair and jade green eyes.

 I pulled out a picture of what looked like a younger Uncle Qrow and this girl with long black hair and jade green eyes

"Is that Uncle Qrow?", I asked.

"Yup", answered Yang.

"Who's that girl with him?"