Chapter VI: New Squad Goal

~Jade's POV~

I was walking through the woods with my temporary team HBLL (Hubble) which was comprised of the three guys I met in the tavern last week.  I carried my bags and Elric, Laff held the map, Johnny had the rations and Herc led the way.  I kept looking at my ring as I walked, I can't wait to be back home. 

"How much longer?", Johnny asked.

"Just another mile/The station is by the river", Herc and Laff replied.

"We're taking a train?", I asked curiously.

"Yup, a freight train and since transportation has been limited we'll have to stow away in crates", Johnny nodded.

Okay so apparently I teamed up with nomads and professional stowaways... fun.

~Time skip to the station brought to you by Zwei meeting Ein~

We snuck behind a crate and Herc took a crowbar, prying it open. We stuck Lafayette in it and nailed it closed. Herc walked to another crate before opening it and climbed inside so we can close it. Johnny opened the crate next to Herc, it was rather large. He climbed in and I followed suit with Elric before closing the lid. 

"Scoot over!", I whisper shouted as I nudged Johnny.

"Sorry, there's not enough leg-room", he whispered back.

I felt the crate move as if we were being loaded onto the train and then suddenly it stopped, we're on board. 

"Will this take us all the way to central Mistral?", I asked.

"Nope, the train only travels to a company in the west... We'll take a truck", Johnny said nonchalantly. "We know a guy who drives a moving truck and he owes us a favor."

"Okay."

We sat in silence as I pet Elric's purring form. 

"So..", Johnny trailed off.

"Yeah?", I asked.

"Why do you want to go to central so badly?"

"My husband was last seen there, I haven't seen him in 16 years."

Johnny placed a sympathetic hand on my shoulder.

"What's he like?", He asked.

"Drunk. But a good man... He's a huntsman like us, Qrow has these crimson eyes that just see right through my facade", I sighed. 

"How'd you meet? If you don't mind me asking."

"Well, it all started 16 years ago at the dance..."

~Back Story Jade's POV~

I tugged on Azul's arm as Evergreen sipped his punch. 

"Zu, let's dance!", I cheered.

"Nah, I think I'll grab a snack", Azul shrugged as he walked away from me.

I pouted as he started eating from the snack table. Daisy and Summer grabbed my wrists and dragged me to the dancefloor.

"Just let loose Ja'e, we don't need that party pooper", Daisy chimed as she danced.

I danced with the girls without a care until Daisy and I went to grab some punch. 

Suddenly, the doors open to show Tai, Raven and this boy with crimson eyes and black, spiky hair and slight stubble along his jawline. I noticed this boy and turned beet red...  his eyes, his hair, the fact that he wasn't in a suit like the other guys. Desperate, I clung to Daisy's arm, making her drop her cup on the floor.

"Jade, what the heck?", Daisy asked.

"Look", I pointed at the ravenette boy. "That one! The boy next to Rae, the one with the red shirt. This one's mine, Dee."

Daisy nods before leaving me to talk to the boy. I see them laugh and then Daisy grabs his arm. What's going on?  I panicked. I notice that they're coming this way and panic. Oh no, he's coming this way! Don't say something stupid!!! 

 I snap out of my thoughts to see them in front of me.

"Hi there", the boy says.

"H-hi...", I stutter. "My name's Jade Sparrow"

"My leader", Daisy states.

"You're the girl Summer and Raven hang out with", he smirks. "The name's Qrow Branwen. "

"Nice to meet you", I blush.

"Likewise. Wanna dance, Little birdie?"

I blush and nod as he whisked me away to the dancefloor. 

~End of backstory~

"And that's how I met Qrow", I stated to Johnny. 

"Wow, seems like it was love at first sight", Johnny replied.

I nodded and wiped away a tear that I didn't know I had. Elric nuzzled me as comfort, making me smile and pat his head.

"We'll get you there and you'll see your husband again, I promise", Johnny reassured.

"Thanks, John", I replied.

"No problem. Now you might wanna get some rest, it's gonna be a long ride."

I nod nonchalantly before attempting to lay down as much as I could. Johnny leaned against the wall of the crate and nodded right off. Elric was already asleep in the little space there was between mine and Johnny's feet. I chuckle and get comfortable for sleep.

"Sweet dreams, Elly", I whispered as I stroked Elric's head. "I better hit the sack too."

I slowly closed my eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep.