Chapter V: Coming together

"Alright, part two! I'm sorry I took too long guys. School is holding me hostage, and I have a bunch of other books I'm writing so I haven't been updating very much. Well back by popular demand, I give you more RWBY

JadeStoneFrost out (/*-*)/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 ~Third person POV~

The next morning came at last and the group woke up to prepare for the next leg of their journey. Ruby sat on the grass alone, awaiting Crisp's arrival as per her uncle's request. She began to wonder what her aunt would be like with her. Would Jade love her like she was her own? The young huntress became lost in her own thoughts that she didn't even notice the Draco family dog sitting beside her. Mac, being the mischievous pup he was, began to tug on Ruby's cape which snapped the silver-eyed girl out of her trance. 

"Hey! Stop pulling my cape, little guy", pled Ruby as she pulled back, matching Mac's strength.

The German shepherd ignored the black and red haired human and continued the tug of war, thinking the girl wanted to play.

"Please let go, it's tattered enough. Be a good doggie and let go", Ruby coaxed as it fell on deaf ears.

"MAC, RELEASE!", shouted a young male voice.

Instantly, Mac let go of the cape causing the silver-eyed huntress to fall backward. She saw her savior to be none other than Grover. Ruby blushed upon seeing the half faunus, who held his hand out for her to take and took it as she stood up.

"Thank you...", Ruby trailed off, having forgotten the boy's name.

"Grover. And no problem", He answered. "And you're Qrow's niece Ruby right?"

"Yeah, but just 'Ruby' is fine. Uncle Qrow said you were a marksman..."

Grover blushed.

"Y-yeah... Your uncle taught me. I wield twin revolver swords", Grover boasted as he unsheathed two silver revolvers that doubled as swords.

 I wield twin revolver swords", Grover boasted as he unsheathed two silver revolvers that doubled as swords

 Ruby stared at the weapons with stars in her eyes.

"They're beautiful", she wheezed.

"Thanks, I call them Tooth and Claw", blushed the young half faunus.

Their brief moment was cut off by the sound of Crisp's Bullhead landing. The blonde man let out a loud 'whoo' before turning off the engine.

"Hey, Crisp!", Ruby hollered as she ran to greet him.

"Hello, Little Red", Crisp greeted. 

He looked to the blonde half faunus and smiled. 

"You must be 'Green and Daisy's boy", Crisp said warmly. "Crispin J. Midnight at your service, kiddo."