9

TREY
She flinched at first, she was traumatized. I was going to take her to the hospital later tonight or tomorrow when she heals a little, we both don't want him to get in trouble. I'd probably go check up on him later or send someone there but I'm not sure if I want anyone else but us three knowing what happened. But after her warming up to another persons touch again, I wiped off my own tears before wiping hers. Staring deep into her eyes, my eyes then wondered to the cuts and bruises.

Running my thumb along her lip, I wiped off the blood. She shook under my touch just making my anger even worse. I looked at my fists, they were cut up a little, nothing too serious.

We were silent as I picked her up and carried her inside the house, my shirt was long enough to cover her up. I stared at her swollen eye. Sighing, I set her down in the bed and grabbed her clothes. Sliding them on her, I went to wet a towel to wipe off her face, neck and arms.

Washing the blood off my own hands, I went to tuck her in the blankets before heading downstairs...

"Wait-"

She said in a very low and broken voice. It was the first thing she said, I immediately turned my attention towards her.

"Pl-please s-st-stay." She said completely inaudible.

I fought back the urge to breakdown and nodded with a half smile. Getting in bed next to her, I half laid/sat next to her, she rolled over and laid on my chest. I wrapped my arm around her and rubbed her back until she fell asleep.

There I sat for the few hours of her nap, just thinking, staring... and thinking some more.

"What am I gonna tell the docs" I mumbled under my breath. Staring at the hand prints on her neck, I can't say she fell.

I would've just cared for her at home, but chris had a gnarly grip on her wrist and I don't want it to be broken, and I want to make sure she doesn't have any other injuries.

I leaned in and kissed the top of her head...

"You won't be in pain anymore I promise that."

I whispered into her hair.

-
*next day*
Doc:"she has a little fracture in her wrist, she'll need stitches for that cut on her arm and a temporary neck brace for a week that she can take off when asleep.... are you sure she was jumped...?"

The doc looked at me with an eyebrow raised, I looked at Aman who was getting ready for the stitches.. then back at him.

"Y-yeah.. what else would happen? Come on. Why would I lie about that?"

"Mhm"

He then walked away and went to check on baby girl. I let out the breath I was holding.

The story was either that she was attacked by a bear in the woods... or it was dark and she was alone and got jumped but she doesn't know by who.

The second one was more believable.

I had checked on Chris when Aman went to sleep.. like actual sleep last night, I slipped out of her bed, sped over there, and came back in bed before she could wake up.

He was very much ok, his head hurt, he had a few cuts, nothing serious. He was in a horrible mood and felt bad for what he did. He cried, a lot....

Walking into the house it was even darker than earlier considering it was night time, immediately running upstairs to where I knew Chris was, I stood in front of the master bedroom door.

"In and out in and out" I coached my breaths to control my anger. Wiping out the visual images of earlier today.

"You got this nigga, pretend like you don't know them, you just here for yo nigga and yo girl. Come on"