I Quit!

Marinettes Point of View

"Okay, now what did you mean, 'you can't do this anymore.'?" Chat Noir didn't waste any time asking me.

"I mean that I can't be Ladybug anymore." I chocked out.

"What! Why?" He said, grabbing my shoulders. Thankfully we were on a roof so reporters weren't swarming us.

"I'm done, I cannot handle the responsibility. I'm just, done." My eyes started feeling hot. No, I cannot cry now!

"No, you can't be done!" His eyes were wide, panicked.

"Well maybe I am done!" Anger started to boil through my veins, why couldn't he understand??? "I'm done being Ladybug, I'm done being pushed around, I'm done with life!" Tears were now streaming from my eyes.

"W-what do you mean, 'done with life', you aren't thinking about-" he saw my expression and gasped, covering his mouth in shock. "No," I looked down. "Ladybug, NO! You can't!" He grabbed my shoulders again.

"I'm sorry, you'll have to find another Ladybug." I quietly said, my tears getting under control. I swung off the roof while Chat yelled at me.

"No, Ladybug, no!" He shouted, his voice fading away in the wind.

I dropped into my room and de-transformed. "Sorry, Tikki, bye." I said, she opened her mouth, but I removed my earrings before she could say anything. I carefully put them back in the little black Chinese box and placed it in a drawer. 'I'll give it to Master Fu tomorrow.' I thought, closing the door. I pulled out my knife and but my lip as pain erupted through my arm.

Chat Noirs Point of View

I was crying on the roof. My Miraculous beeped, so I swung home.

I detransformed and Plagg popped out of my ring.

I tossed him some cheese and he gladly accepted it. "Marinettes been acting strange" I told him. "I'll go visit her tomorrow." He couldn't object because his mouth was full.

Sorry for the horrible ending to the chapter, I had written a better one and published it, but for some reason it unpublished and deleted over half of it, and I'm too tired to write it back the way it was. The original had a lot more Plagg-Adrien interaction, a more sad Chat, and some self harm. Sorry if you wanted to read it but couldn't.

RFF: The worlds smallest fruit- an utricle- is the size of a small ant.

Love ya guys! 🦄

-E