Chapter 6

Noah's P.O.V

I entered Geometry class and made my way to back , dropping my bag and started off my geometry homework . This is one of the tasks I am excellent at . No, not homework more like 'How much can I finish off before the teacher collects it'  

"Hey Noah, why hasn't the geometry teacher come yet?" Jessica asked who took a seat across mine. 

Did she just initiate a conversation with me?But nonetheless a sloppy one.

"Sure Jessica , she broke her angle." I replied stressing on the 'angle' .

She started giggling and shoved me lightly  with her arms which annoyed me immensely and I looked anywhere but her with her tiny mini skirt and tight crop top which she used to lure God knows how many guys. 

"Oh Noah ! I love how you crack jokes!" Her high pitched voice echoed hurting my ears.

That was sarcasm. 

"Go bother someone else Jessica."

"Oh call me Jess." she said as she got up from her desk and came over mine .

I huffed.

Placing both her hands on my desk she leaned close to my face. "Okay fine , you're no fun." She pouted and continued "Anyways , I'm going to do a favor for you Noah." 

I raised my eyebrow giving a questioning look

"Listening." 

A triumphed look crossed her face and she continued .

"I can convince the boys to let you back on the team on one condition."

"And what would that be." I asked curiously .

"Be mine." She said bluntly as if it was that obvious.

I scoffed

I'd rather make out with the trash any day than you.

I bit my tongue not letting those words out.

"No." I finally said.

"Really ?Think about it . No more gay rumors , no more pushing around . You'll be popular again hanging out with us !"

"Fine." I sighed and gave in . She'll surely dump me after she gets bored.

She placed both her hands on the sides my face and before she locked her lips on mine , the teacher rushed inside muttering apologies for coming 15 minutes late and I let out a sigh of relief as Jessica pouted and took her seat.

The class resumed and I zoned out thinking about Leigh and having a pang of guilt on my chest. 

Lunch break 

With my lunch tray , I made my way to the middle of the cafeteria where the popular kids hang out and took a seat and sat down.

"Good to have you back mate." Jacob said patting on my back.

"Got tired of loosing?" I replied smiling smugly.

"Keep feeding you're ego Noah." Justin said shaking his head while the other two cheerleader who follow Jess like lost puppies that is Stacey and Michelle rolled their eyes.

"Keep rolling you're eyes you two , might find a brain back there." I remarked and with that the guys erupted in laughter.

"What did I miss out Noah ?" Jessica came and sat beside me dropping her tray on the table.

"Oh you know Noah's remarks." Liam chimed in.

"Ooh goody I love Noee's jokes." 

I scoffed , "Noee?" 

"You're nickname silly. Or No bear , if you prefer that."

"No bear." Liam mimicked her voice and there goes the roar of laughter.

"Whatever." I muttered swiping my fries in the ketchup and tossing it in my mouth and let my eyes wander the cafeteria aimlessly while the rest of the group discussed about the upcoming soccer tournament. 

My eyes landed on Leigh sitting alone at the corner with her untouched food being too engrossed with her novel . She looked breathtaking with her brown hair let loose . She wore a oversized 'Pizza is bae' sweatshirt and jeans. As if she sensed someone staring , her eyes landed on mine and smiled while I returned back the gesture. 

With fingers snapping near my face , I recoiled back to reality staring at everyone's questioning looks.

"What?" I asked clearly annoyed.

"I know that look bro, she makes you loose your ego , gives you butterflies doesn't she?" Justin asked.

"What? No." I lamely retorted while thinking to throw a brick on his face. 

He nodded towards Jessica and her two puppies and they gave an evil smirk and took a glass of coke heading towards Leigh.

"What are they doing." I questioned not liking where this is going.

"You care about her." Justin smirked.

"Seriously? You'll ruin your reputation being with that freak." Jacob said . 

"Did you know when I asked for your opinion Jacob?" 

"Um-" 

I cut him off ,"Me neither."

"He's right." Liam said

I gave him the deadliest glare I could muster causing him to look down.

"Shut the hell up you three. Here's the deal Noah, prove it to us."

"What?" 

"Make her fall for you and then dump her."

"That's old, better yet take her virginity." Jessica interrupted causing Justin to smirk, giving me shivers.

"Yep her evil scheme works 10 times better. It will be a piece of cake for you Noah , isn't that what you were known for?" 

I looked back at Leigh drenched in coke , pissing me off.

I slammed both my hands on the table standing up "I'm in."

"Good; take as long as you like because the more she's head over heels for you , the better." Justin said flatly. 

I rolled my eyes and walked where she was seated, thoughts buzzing inside my head like a swarm of bees.

I won't hurt her 

I can't 

Choosing the dare means staying with Leigh and miles away from Jess and the others . But also hurting her in the end which I'll find the solution later on surely.