Chapter 12

A/N Thank u so much for the 1K reads, 252 votes & 233 comments . Love u all xoxo <33

Leigh's P.O.V

I underestimated the cold today . The bitter icy wind hits my face like needles and I pulled Noah's jacket close to my chest feeling comfortable as the fragrances of sandalwood and leather hits my nose .

I push the front door of my house entering inside letting a sigh of relief to be in the warmth of my home.

"You're project took so long?" My mom stood near me hands crossed over her chest and raised her eyebrow.

"I was hanging out with a friend later."

Her mood brightened up and she smiled. "Oh you made a new friend. I'm so happy for you."

I shrugged.

Before she turned to walk away she looked at me up and down and let out a sequel.

"Oh my god! Is that a boy's jacket Leigh?"

I flushed, "I have homework to do."

Before I could retreat to my room and safe haven she pulled me back and her eyes were excited just like a teenage girl "Tell me all about him ! Or bring him for dinner!"

"He's just my project partner."

"Sure." She dragged the word a little to much and muttered. "That's what they all say."

"Mom!" I groaned.

"I'll ask him to come over someday." I said hesitantly afraid to say 'no' and let her excitement vanish and be replaced by a dull look.

"Good! Good I'll make my special lasagne! Now go on get done with your homework."

I nodded and sprinted up the stairs to my room before she asked anything else.

If each time I end up getting his clothing when we meet , I might end up with his wardrobe of clothes. Not that I mind.

I remove his jacket and fold both the clothing and dropped it in my bag , making a mental note to return them when we meet next time.

I took a shower and changed into an oversized sweater and jeans shorts and took out my book from under the bed and opened a fresh new page filling it with my thoughts.

I think I finally made friend.
Who made my laugher a little louder.
My smiles a little brighter.
And my days a little better.

I felt pleased with myself for not having any negative thoughts today and a being with him made me a bit more happy , free and confident.

While I placed my book back in place I heard my phone beep signalling I received a text message. I knew who it was. Only one person texted me anyway.

I opened the text thread from Noah and read the message. 

Noah
At the library @ 2? And then we get food. 8:00 pm

Leigh

Okay:)  8:02pm

Noah
Great! I'm excited to see u tomorrow ;)

I could feel my cheeks glowing red and read it over and over again to recheck it wasn't just my imagination.
No one ever said that to me. Not that I blame them, I'm not a person anyone enjoys hanging out with.

My mom knocked on the door but I barely listened busy replaying my day with him till fingers snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Are you dreaming?"

"Huh?"

"Never mind. Dinner's ready."

I nodded and got down and ate dinner missing the times where we sat like a family and eat together.
Brushing the thoughts aside I helped clean up and got ready for bed.

With a soft smile playing on my lips , I soundly fell asleep.

(575 words)