Chapter 9

Noah's P.O.V

"Woof." The dog barked grabbing my shirt and pulling me.

"We'll meet sometime promise." I said chuckling and scratched behind his ears.

A little girl came running towards Charlie and hugged him. "What's his name?" She asked excitedly.

"Charlie." I replied.

I slightly pushed him towards the girl. "Go on bud, you're new family is here. They won't hurt you, I promise." 

Charlie tilted his head looking towards the girl and her family contemplating if he should go and after a while he jumped on the girl and licked her face as everyone laughed at his cuteness.

He excitedly followed them and jumped in their car and peeked out of the door letting his tongue hang out as the car sped of.

"I'll miss that silly mutt." Jackson said laughing and shook his head.

We both took a part time job at the shelter to feed, gives baths and clean their cages thrice a week and along they way made feline and mutt friends.

"Couldn't agree any less bro but look on the bright side he will be happy ." I replied smilingly.

"Yep he didn't deserve all that abuse." He said sounding disgusted. "And we should head back, it's getting late."

"Right." I nodded and slung my school bag over my shoulder and headed towards my car unlocking the door and dropped my school bag and slid inside starting my car .

I sped off towards my home while watching the sun dip under the horizon and turned the sky reddish orange . I remember my father's words when we sat as a family on the golden sand on the beach watching the beautiful sunset.

"Be thankful for everyday and know that tomorrow is a new day with new beginnings son."

Those days were long gone now looking at the dark sky I feel it indicates my despair and pain and tomorrow would be no different.

I reached home late and didn't want to be met with my father's wrath so I started climbing the stairs that I had secretly kept to go inside my room.

I pushed myself inside and my heart momentarily stopped.

He's inside my room

"Why are you late!?" He hissed near my face reeking of alcohol.

"My car broke down." I muttered the same lie again instead of saying 'work' because he'd snatch every penny I earned.

"How dare you lie to me!" He yelled and kicked me in the abdomen. I doubled over and hissed in pain.

"I'll ask you one more time you worthless boy. Where were you?"

"None of your business." I said and got up only to me pushed down back as he kicked me over and over again. I held my hands over my face to protect it from getting bruised.

After a while he got exhausted and passed out on top of me.

"Fuck." I hissed as I pushed his heavy body away from mine and limped my way to the bed and crashed down.

School

I entered the physics class and sat down slowly on the empty desk beside Leigh's.