Chapter 7

Spread kindness to one person a day. Imagine the amount of happiness you would dispense in a lifetime.

~Anonymous

Leigh's P.O.V

I wasn't hungry yet so I read Hunger games instead , engrossed into it I hadn't realized the same girls from the other day came behind me , and dumped the whole coke drink on my back drenching me and giggling away they left .

I was left in shock as the cold soft drink ran down behind my back and in turn sticking my shirt to my bare skin.

I sniffled and stood up, clutching my book close to my chest as a pair of hands rested on my shoulder , I tensed and turned around to be met with Noah's sympathetic smile and let my head hung low at my chest trying hard not to cry and end up in an anxiety attack.

"Hey it's okay." His soft voice was assuring.

"Look at me." He held his fingers delicately around my chin and lifted it, my eyes met his blue ones.

"I have a jersey in my car , you can get changed in that okay?"

I sneezed. 

He chuckled "Come along quick , I don't want to get sick with you." 

A slow smile tugging on my lips , I followed behind him, outside the school to the parking lot and we stopped near a white Audi Q2 . He took out his keys and unlocked the door and pulled out his black football Jersey with his name and number on the back and handed over to me.

"Do you want to bunk the rest of the day and head to the coffee shop nearby with me?" He asked eagerly.

I nodded and headed towards my car , unlocking the back door and slid in , immediately pulling off my sweatshirt sticking to my body and put on his jersey getting intoxicated with his cologne which had a soft and gentle scent and classy mix of spicy, sweet and floral aromas.

I got out and entered the driver's seat before Noah's voice stopped me.

"We can use my car, carpooling is good Leigh! Save the Environment." He said mimicking our science teacher's heavy accent.

I sighed and gave in , entering his car and putting on my seat belt looking out the window as he pulled over and headed to the coffee shop . The ride was silent and I wanted it that way but that wish never came true.

"Do you like music."

I nodded.

"Which singer?"

"S-shawn mendes."

He frowned for my stuttering or the singer, I wasn't entirely sure and pulled out a cassette and inserted it into a recorder and played.

Shawn Mendes 'Imagination' started playing, one of my favorites . Who am I kidding , all his songs are my favorites.

"I love his songs too. Way better than those singers who just sing about sex and drugs." He said disgusted.

I nodded and turned back to looking out the window seeing the trees sprinting behind as we sped off.

In my dreams you're with me

We'll be everything I want us to be

And from there—who knows?

Maybe this will be the night that we kiss for the first time

Or is that just me and my imagination?

"You don't talk much do you?"

"N-no." I replied a few seconds.

"Why?"