Chapter 13-Dinner

Jasmine put the final touches to her make-up, checked her perfectly done kitty eyeliner, rouge lips and lightly tinted pink cheeks and added a spray of her preferred perfume of vanilla and berries, then carefully placed dangling gold earrings to her ears.

She took a step back as her eyes wander over herself in the full length mirror dressed in her tight backless silver dress.   Butterflies were fluttering in her stomach as she took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She battled a final moment of doubt, slipping on her pumps while staring at her reflection the whole time. Granted, it was a simple dinner, but she felt like she was exposing too much skin while the dress was explicitly too tight.  It was so tight, it stuck to her body like second skin.

However, the opportunity to change was not a choice for Sammy choose 'the killer' dress as he put it. After taking it off the hanger he let out a wolf whistle and assured her Cristiano will be drooling like the mongrel he was.

"I hope I don't regret this night." She murmurs to her reflection. Ready to turn to grab her night clutch, Sammy stuck his head into the bedroom and started to say something, then stopped stock still as he took in her appearance.

Jasmine lifted a finely arched eyebrow.  "You're looking sharp, Sammy." 

Dressed all in black–slacks, blazer, dress shirt and satiny tie, he looked like an elegant masculine man. He really does clean up real nice when he tried, she thought.  She hoped his acting skills were just as polished as his image. 

"Oooooh girl, look at you. You slaying for the Gods tonight! Yassssss, Ma'am!"

As he did a fine inspection of her dress and hair, she found his eyes pause and narrow on her shoes.

She looks down with a frown. "What?"

"Uh-uh. Take those off. Bitch, do we need to rewatch Cinderella? Cause she's living proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life forever. The only difference between me and Cindy is I would run back for the shoes."

Coco appears in the doorway, barking in agreement, sniffing around as dogs do. Her little eyes spot Jasmine's pink slippers and immediately begins chewing on them.

Jasmine huffs in annoyance and rolls her eyes. "The whole purpose of the story is the best things in life aren't free. If you went back for the shoes, then the Prince wouldn't have been able to find you." She replies, stuffing her clutch with her identification card, lipstick and a compact mirror.

"Girl, I can't help it, I have an obsession with shoes. If somebody gifted me free glass pumps you think I'd leave that shit behind?" He says snapping his finger in a zig zag motion. "Uh, uh, I ain't leaving that shit behind for nobody and I don't give a damn if he's a Prince.  Coco Chanel wouldn't have either. Plus life ain't no damn fairytale. If you be losing your shoes and shit at midnight, bitch you drunk."  He finished a matter of factly.

Coco barked again, as if to reaffirm the statement. 

"Of course you would."  She agreed.  "What should I wear instead, Mr. Expert?" She asks, her words laced with sarcasm. Jasmine walked to the end of her closet lined with designer shoes of every color.

He taps his chin thoughtfully, strutting in as though he owned the ground he walked on.  Jasmine could only shake her head.  Sammy wouldn't have to say a word, his actions will be the end of their charade, she thought.  He was bound to slip.