Chapter 57: It can't work

The air was thick with arousal and tension and Jungkook could only watch in horror as both of the omega's eyes hooded and slick began dribbling down their legs. The smell made Hoseok bristle, his lips curling as he snarled at Jungkook who was closest to the two.

He froze up, not knowing what to do as both omegas basically threw themselves at Hoseok. He could see that the older alpha had his hands clenched into fists at his sides, fighting against his rut as Taehyung nibbled on his ear and Jin dropped to his knees in front of him.

"K-knot, want your knot, alpha. Please." Taehyung breathed hotly against his ear. Jin whimpered from where he was kneeled. Jungkook was relieved when he didn't try to nuzzle against Hoseok since that would drown the omega in the scent of Hoseok's rut, but his jaw dropped when Jin turned himself over and presented. Hoseok fell to his knees behind him, his hand hovering over Jin's ass as he battled against his own alpha instincts.

Taehyung whined loudly and clung to Hoseok, trying to gain the alpha's attention. "Nooo~ Hobi, alpha! I want- please, I want your knot!" He sobbed as he tugged on Hoseok's arm.

This was a messy situation. Jungkook did the only thing he thought was logical at the moment. Squeezing his eyes shut, he yelled out, using his alpha voice. "Stop!"

It was as if time had stopped. Hoseok was panting and staring at him. Jin and Taehyung had completely frozen up.

Slowly, Jungkook approached. His heart was pounding. Hoseok was a warrior. Even though Jungkook was strong, Hoseok could definitely kill him if he really wanted to. Especially in rut. "Omega, come here." He said softly, not really distinguishing who he was referring to.

As a result, both Taehyung and Jin silently crawled toward him, their eyes hooded and unseeing. Jungkook cursed under his breath, feeling beyond guilty of using his alpha voice on the two. He looked up at Hoseok, who was gnawing on his bottom lip as he stared at Jin and Taehyung like a meal. Before he had the chance to speak, however, a booming voice made him nearly jump out of his skin.

"What the fuck is going on here!?"

Namjoon was storming his way over, getting between the three of them and Hoseok. He looked livid, and Jungkook gulped at the fact that Namjoon and Hoseok could end up fighting. Namjoon was radiating possessiveness, and Hoseok was getting more and more desperate as his rut grew stronger by the minute.

"Jin?" Namjoon noticed how still the omega was, and Jungkook hastily tried explaining.

"H-Hobi went into rut, and the two were.... I-I did what I thought was right in the heat of the moment-"

Namjoon glared at Jungkook, but didn't say anything. He could smell Jin and Taehyung's slick. He had felt his mate's arousal and want despite being away, which is what made him rush back in the first place. He sighed and turned to Hoseok, who was now growling lowly with each exhale of breath. "Is Tae okay to help him?" Namjoon mumbled.

Jungkook glanced at the omega whose head was lowered in submission. "I-I don't know. Maybe he could, just... not through his entire rut."

Namjoon nodded and gathered Jin and Taehyung into his arms. "We'll let him help, but we'll have to watch them carefully so Tae doesn't get hurt. We'll wait until he's... y'know."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Of course." But that left the question of what they were supposed to do with Hoseok, who was now growling loudly, his lips curled into a snarl. "What about-"

"Take him somewhere else. If Yoongi and Jimin come back and smell his rut, we'll be dealing with more problems again." Namjoon told him.

Jungkook stared at Namjoon in disbelief. How was he, an alpha, supposed to handle Hoseok, who was also an alpha and in rut for that matter!? "Namjoon, I don't think I should..."