||Chapter 8 ||

Will's POV

I hate falling for my best friend. Just the thought of me ruining something great is terrible.  

I use my hand to prop my head up as I look out the window.

"You okay?" My mom asked as she quickly glances over at me.

"Yeah."  I said with no emotion.

"Do you have a lot on your mind?" She asked.

I just shrugged.

I didn't need my mom to be mytherapist.

"I'm fine" I mumbled, loud enough for my mother to hear.

"So, do you have a little girlfriend?"

I didn't answer.

"A little boyfriend?" She added.

"Mom" I said removing my head off of my hand and facing my mom.

"Okay Okay." She said, finally.

I felt so alone without mike by my side. Which isn't unusual..

We finally made it to my house.

I got out and walked straight to my room.

"What's wrong with him?" Jonathan asked.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Yes."

Jonathan opened it.

"You okay?"

"Yes"

I said not looking at him.

"I'm just tired."

Jonathan knew it was best to leave me alone. So he left.

I fell asleep with a million thoughts and not one wasn't about my feelings for Mike. I tried convincing myself it was just a little crush, everyone one has a little bit of a crush on there best friend..right..?

But I gave up. I knew that my feelings for mike wasn't just some little thing that will past. I know that I really like him..and it hurts.

I know keeping this all inside will make me go insane but for now that's really my only option. I'll just live with it. And move on.

MIKES POV

I had a great time with Will today..although he was super pissed at me when I left him.

He's being...clingy towards me..weird.

"MICHAEL!" My mom shouted from downstairs to my room.

I walked down the stairs and sat at the dinner table.

"How was school?"

"Great" Nancy said.

"Eh" I answered.

"Why wasn't your bike there?" Nancy answered.

"Huh? it was." I said.

"No. It wasn't"

"Yes it was."

"Why wouldn't it be?" I said.

"You were ditching."

"Michael is that true" My mom said.

"What?! NO. Nancy is just being a-"

"Michael!"

"Fine. No Nancy I wasn't ditching I was there. And I wasn't with Lucas and Dustin because me and Will stayed after science class to ask a question." I lied.

"Okayyy" She replied.

I walked to my room and laid down.

I then drifted to sleep with a mind full of a million thoughts about the same subject. Although I missed Will's company I knew that if we were to be together every second of our lifetime, we would eventually hate each other's company. Which I hoped that thought would stay a thought and not something that became real.

I tossed and turned that night so many times that the amount almost caught up to the majority of my thoughts. I didn't have a dream, instead my mind replayed memories of when Will went missing. All the emotions and adventure..and..El.

It feels like just yesterday, but it wasn't. It was a year ago and I still try to find El. And the out come is always the same, nothing but a broken heart. I try to convince myself that El is history but just like everyday, my feelings and thoughts begin a war, and feelings always win.

In the middle of my memory I hear a loud beeping as Eleven defeated the hideous monster we called the demogorgon. I awoke to the loud obnoxious sound of my digital brown clock. It read 6:30. I groaned, and finally made my way downstairs where I was greeted with my mom making breakfast. I wasn't hungry, instead I was tired and had the urge to fake being sick.

But I knew my mom wouldn't fall for that. Knowing, she already knows I ditched yesterday. She isn't that oblivious, although many people think so. I poured myself a cup of milk and chugged it down, my stomach didn't like that. I made my way back to my bedroom and got dressed.

I then went back downstairs where this time I was greeted with my sisters and dad eating. I sat down and yawned. 

 "So Michael what did you do yesterday?"  My mom asked.

"Went to school" I said, shortly as I poured maple syrup over my waffles.

"Didn't know school was outside yesterday?" Nancy said.

"What?" I played dumb as if I didn't had a idea of what they were hinting at.

"Your principal called yesterday." My mother said.

"Don't think you aren't in trouble after school."

I sighed and got up. No one understands what is going through my head. 

No one.