Chapter Eight: The Games

“I don’t know where to start…” Liam’s voice filled with something different, something more like with determination and eagerness.

“Well, this place had been built for us, and anything you need to know will be here,” answered Lucien Greek. “I suggest to the library for history perhaps…”

“I think I want to go to that Dome…” Liam answered.

“You better not young lad. I presume, you don’t know your “Gift” yet,” Lucien Greek added.

“Maybe, I’ll know if I go there…” Liam insisted.

“Maybe I should look out for you just for this day, okay kid?” said Lucien, “but don’t think this is a special treatment for you…”

“Y-yes, D-director Greek…” answered Liam who is shivering with excitement.

“Then off we go… but remember, do not over exert yourself out there… those kids who’re same age as you can kill a grown man.” said Lucien Greek.

“I’m just like them, right?” Liam answered. “I may be fine…”

“I don’t know where you got this enthusiasm and confidence, but… oh well…” Lucien mumbled, “Maybe this is a good time to introduce you to the games of this sanctuary”. And there they went to the Dome. As they came closer to the dome, sounds of roaring and thunderous voices and shouts filled the place that almost you can feel the weight of it in your chest as you enter the opened steel door in the arch entrance of the dome, “some time in this dome we conduct games for festivities and also, for the rankings we will be doing.”

“Festivities? Rankings?” asked Liam as they enter the entrance to the dome filled with crowds.

“Rankings, is like military stature of oneself in this sanctuary. The higher your rank are, the better you can do, or petition for laws to be implemented for the new and lower ones. But with greater responsibility on the other hand,” explained Lucien Greek as they bumped them shoulders through the crowd. Suddenly, they reached a table with papers and names on it and there’s something written on it: Participants for the New Nephilim Ranking.

While pushing to themselves to the crowd, the director is saying, “make a way kids, Director’s here… coming through…” then suddenly one of the person sitting right behind the table ushers saw him on the big crowd raised his right hand and shouted, “Director Lucien Greek!” and the crowd turned their heads to the direction the man is looking. And right after that moment the crowd Director Lucien Greek’s face, the chattering stopped, noises fade, and a clear way began to appear right in front of them. “Make way, the Director is coming through” the other table usher said.

“Director Greek,” said the man in front of them seated behind the table counter. “You should’ve taken the back door.”

“It’s okay Mr. Crone Whirlis,” said Lucien to the 18-year-old-like boy in front of him, who has a blonde and messy hair. “I just want to introduce a newcomer to the games.” And Liam took a forward in front of the table and smiled.

“What’s the name kid?” asked Crone.

“Name’s Liam N—,” said Liam as he was interrupted by Director Lucien Greek.

“Just Liam!” cried Director Greek. “Just Liam…” Crone paused for a while, but then suddenly wrote Liam’s name only on the lists. “It may be good not to let them know your last name kid… not now,” Lucien Greek whispered to Liam’s right ear.

“Well, what games do you want to participate?” Crone asked to Liam. Liam stood there for a moment and looked at the titles of the games and the names of the participants enlisted on the other piece of paper.