Find him

We made our way to the compound Luis was at. I got to hand it to him. The bastard was smart. His family not so much. They were sloppy. Luis wasn't like that. He was cold and calculating.

We made sure to be quiet. I sent the boys in first. Drew was just like Hunter. He could take out anyone quickly and quietly. Matt and RJ were just as quick. Matt was more react than think, where RJ was the opposite.

Once they secured one perimeter, we made our way inside. Alex led us. Her memory was like no other. I stayed close to her. It was the only way to make her feel at eased.

We all split up in pairs. The object was if you saw anyone, kill on contact. The tunnels were a spider web. They led in different directions. As soon as I saw someone, I fired, shooting the person on contact.

This didn't sit well with Alex but she was a trooper and relied on me. I couldn't let her down. I needed to finish this for everyone, especially for her. I refused to make the same mistake my father made.

We carried on until every person was eliminated except one. He was mine.

Once we made our way to the main floor we searched everywhere. Luis was gone. The bastard slipped out quickly.

"Fuck!" I couldn't control my anger anymore. Jordan and Frazier guarded Alex as did my sons. They knew what I was capable of when I was pissed.

"Ryan! Calm down," Ace ordered.

"How the fuck am I suppose to be calm?! He's gone Ace! And I'm guessing he's headed straight for my family!" I was losing my shit and quickly.

"Ryan you need to calm down. You getting mad isn't going to help the situation," Chase said.

"How the fuck would you know?!" I barked at him.

Then Hope walked over to me and slapped me across the face, twice.

"Damnnnnnn," Frazier and Jordan exclaimed.

"Calm down. You're acting like a two year old throwing. A tantrum," she ordered me. I didn't know whether to be pissed or shocked.

"That's my girl," Ace smirked.

I looked at her, "touch me again and I will break your hands."

She glared back at me, "even think about it and I will rip off your head and do ungodly things to you." I looked at her stunned. "Yeah, thought so. Big bad Saintwood boys goes up against a deaf girl and loses. Pft."

"Damn she just owned your ass brother," Frazier stated.

She turned and walked over to Ace, "can we finish this so I can go home? I miss my babies."

"Yes, my love, we can," Ace said to her.

Alex moved past Jordan and Frazier and over to me. I was trying to keep it together but I couldn't. I broke. I dropped to my knees and cried. Alex did what she did best. She comforted me.

Everyone watched as she held me and I cried. I didn't care. Everything was falling down on me.

"Shhhh, babe. I got you," she whispered. I held on tight to her. I buried my head into her. I had loved her before I met her and I still loved her to this day.

Ace walked over to Jordan and Frazier.

"Now I understand."

"Dude, he has loved her way before all of this," Frazier said to him.

"She's his safe place. She's the only person that has ever truly loved him for him," Jordan explained. "We may be his best friends, she is his ultimate best friend."

"It's how I feel about Hope. I get where he is coming from."

"Naw I don't think you do," Frazier said.

"How so?" Ace arched an eyebrow at Frazier.

"Ryan has always been there for people. While your daddy looked out for your best interest, ours royally fucked up, putting us in the position we are now, all for money. Money don't mean shit. It's just a means to an end. Ours," Frazier huffed.

"Why must you state the obvious with everyone," Jordan asked him.

"Because someone has to. People have their heads so far up their asses, they forget what truly matter," Frazier retorted.

As Jordan and Frazier went back and forth with Ace referring them, Drew stepped in, "ladies, can we focus?"

"Who you calling a lady pal?" Jordan shot him a glare.

"You and you," he pointed at them. "Now, if you don't mind, I would like to kill this fucker so my family can be safe. Did you all forget it's my son he's after?"

We all looked at Drew.

"Of course you did. Well, no offense but if he gets snatched, I'm coming after all of you. No one hurts my kids or wife."

Alex and I got up. Drew walked away. I knew he was upset.

"Damn, that boy is wound tight," Brax added.

"No, he loves his family," Matt replied as he turned and went after Drew.

"Let's finish this," I said as I took Alex's hand and left out of the building. We needed to find Luis and quick.

While we were busy making our way back. Leslie and Xavier were busy getting ready for their son Zander.

******
"Come on baby, one more push."

"I'll push you, right out of this window," she screamed as she gave one final push.

"It's a boy!" The doctor announced. They heard the cries then the doctor handed the baby off to a nurse who took him.

"Hey, where is she taking him," Xavier asked.

"To get him cleaned up and checked out. She'll be back shortly. Now let's get Mom here taken care of," the doctor advised as he tended to Leslie.

What no one knew is the nurse that took the baby, didn't work for the hospital. She switched babies and handed off Zander to someone. The baby she swapped Zander for, had passed thirty minutes ago. She wheeled it into a nursery. Then walked away.

A nurse checked the baby to find it not breathing. She called for a team to help but after working on it, they had declared him deceased.

Xavier and Leslie waited in her room for their baby only to be told the baby didn't make it. They were truly heart broken.

Someone handed Zander off to Luis who held him, "yes, you will do well. You will grow up to avenge my family along with the others." He handed the baby to a couple, "the papers will be file. I want him raised with the fact they are to eliminate that family once and for all."

"What about you Luis?"

"I know my time is limited. But I want my great nephew to take over. His parents and the rest of them will pay for what they did," he said with an evil smirk.

This would be a decision that would affect us all in the end.

If you have not read Ryker, you will find out more about Zander and what happens. Every Saintwood book ties in with each other.

Enjoy the update my lovelies!