Things change

Ryker's POV

Things got a little better since I was able to get sleep but not much. Most of the time I kept to myself and didn't say much. It was better that way. Too much happened between us.

I never saw Sam after that day and for that I was thankful but I also didn't want to open myself up to anyone ever again. Why bother? All you end up with is pain.

Ryder, Evan and Frisco were close but not with me. It was too forced. Plus, they acted like nothing happened and I felt bitter about it.

I went to school and attended class, keeping my head down and keeping my distance from everyone. Junior year was pretty much over with.

The last day of school, I walked home alone, lost in my thoughts. I knew people didn't give a shit about me. I heard the whispers. Even my own family whispered.

Look there's Ryker the fuck up. I wonder if he is going to lose his shit. Did you hear what he did to that girl? People looked at me as a monster. That's all I was to them.

Plus, I got constantly reminded of it when I went near my brother and cousins. They would stop talking and look at me. Something I had no control over and escalated by others made me the enemy. That was fine. I was getting use to it.

I walked in to see the guys in the kitchen laughing and talking. They saw me and promptly stopped. I just walked past them with my head down. I went upstairs and shut the door.

Dad walked into the kitchen, over to the fridge, "is it necessary to ice him out? He's already been through enough."

"Dad, we're not icing him out. He won't talk to us," Ryder said.

Dad grabbed a bottled water and closed the fridge door. He walked over to them, "look I get it. Shit went south but you three aren't exactly innocent in all of this."

"Uncle Drew, we get it but we didn't almost beat someone half to death," Evan said.

Dad walked over to him, "funny. You didn't beat someone half to death but sure didn't have problems fucking them. Just like you and you." He pointed at the three of them. "Yeah Ryker lost his shit but guess what he has no fucking control over it. You three need to get it together." With that he walked away.

I laid on my bed as I heard a knock at the door. It opened and I didn't even need to looked to see who it was. Dad. He was the only one that didn't turn his back on me except mom but she was busy with Ryder and Ryanne.

I didn't blame her. She was put in the middle of it all.

He walked over and took a seat on the side of my bed and handed me the bottle of water. I sat up and took it.

"How was today?"

"Same as it always is. People look at me like a monster and whisper. They pretty much stay away from me so it can't all be bad, right?"

"Ryker, it will get better," he reassured me.

"Yeah, sure." I said casually.

"I know you think you're a monster but you aren't. It's just a rough time in your life. It will get better and one day you will meet someone that will change your whole perspective."

"Doubt it. I don't want anyone. I'm better off alone," I said laying back down.

He patted my leg and left. I didn't tell him but as soon as I graduated I was gone. I was leaving everything and everyone behind. Maybe then I will finally find peace without dealing with the whispers and stares. With me gone no one would have to worry anymore about being related to the psycho.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

*********
Over the summer my brother and cousins started talking to me more. It still didn't change my mind. I was still planning on leaving when I graduated. While things returned to somewhat normal, I kept quiet. It was just better that way.

When a girl came around I got up and left. I couldn't deal with it. I didn't feel comfortable being around them except my mom, Ryanne and Grammie. They were the only women I would tolerate being around.

Sasha was a pain in the ass an Ruby was always starting some shit. I kept my distance.

I laid on my bed as Ryanne came it and laid down on the bed next to me.

"Hey little brother." She gave me a smile.

"Hey Ry," I sighed.

"Rough day?"

"Ryder and the others tried to set me up with some girl," I looked at her.

"Let me guess, you left."

"Yeah. I don't need the trouble," I told her.

"Give it time. She played all of you."

"Yeah but I almost killed her," I said rubbing my face in frustration.

"But you didn't," she reassured me.

"It doesn't matter. I'm never opening myself up to the possibility ever again. No girl is worth the hassle or problem," I said as I looked at her. She gave me a soft smile and leaned over gave me a kiss on the cheek. Then left.

No matter what anyone said, I refused to open myself up to any outsider. Period.

This is the end of the crossover book. If you want to read more about what happens with Ryker and company, the story continues with Ryker.

You will also find out if Zander is ever reunited with his birth parents and if Ryker opens up to someone.

You will also see what happens with Zachery and the others.

Ryker is the final book of the Saintwood story. See you next time. 😉