6

Raken pulled up to the school. "Have a good day.". He said. I nodded and walked into the building. I went to my locker and a face I was hoping not to see was there.

"Hello Erica.". I said not making eye contact. "Well hello beautiful.". She said running her fingers through my hair. "I told you to leave me alone.". I said opening my locker. "Come on (y/n)! Are you scared of a little lesbo acton?". She teased. I slammed my locker shut. "Actually no! I'm bisexual. I just don't like you! Now leave me alone!". I yelled letting out a growl. She hissed at me, fangs coming out before walking away.

"Shit.". I mumbled. Blondies a vampire. As I trailed off into my thoughts I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I jumped and turned around. "Shit Ethan.". I said. He smiled. "Sorry, you left this notebook in the gym.". He said handing me my math notebook.

"Thanks.". I smiled. Benny walked over to us. "Ethan are we hanging out after school?" Benny asked. "Yeah I got the new game.". Ethan said turning towards him. "Wait, that new alien game that just came out?". I asked. Benny looked at me. "Hey y/n.". He said blushing. I winked at him.

"Yeah that one why? Do you play video games?". Ethan asked. "Well obviously.". I laughed. "Do you want to come over!". Benny said quickly. "Sure! I'll see you guys later.". I said walking to my class.

I walked into my science class. I was thinking about the boys and how Raken said not to get close to anyone. I looked behind me to see Benny. His big blue eyes widen when I looked at him. He was cute...

I gave him a smile and turned to pay attention to the class.
_________________________________________

Class was over and as hard as I tried I couldn't focus on anything. It's like my mental wards were clouded. I let out a sigh. Something was off, but why? I tried to think about if I had done anything different: meditation, check, insane amounts of coffee, check, sleep, well sort check, what why clouding my mind!?

"N/y!". I snapped out of it. I turned around and one again I see that despicable blonde. "yes?" I snapped. "come on you're going to be late for the next class." She said as if she almost cared. I grabbed my thinks and walked out the door stopping by her. One again I felt that intense sense of cloudy ness. It was coming from her. I looked up at her and swiftly put the hand on the back of her head as if I was pulling her into a hug. Without hesitation she pulled me into a hug as well. I ran my fingers over her neck just around her brain stem and within seconds I had been put into her head.

"Show me the memory's from this morning" I whispered and like that I had been living out the whole morning as if I were in Erica's shoes.

I walked up to the locker (y/n) was at. "Hello Erica" "well hello beautiful" my physical self retorted back. And then I ran my hands threw her hair. I snapped back

I came close to Erica ear "what the fuck did you put in my hair?". She tried to move but I grabbed the back of her neck. "why-why are you so strong. Why can't I move!" She yelled. "shut up Blondie. I'll give you one chance to tell me what THE FUCK you put in my HAIR!" My claws began to come out and I felt them poke into Erica's neck. She whimpered. "It was a honey spell I stole from Benny's grandma! Please don't hurt me!". I let go but stayed close to her ear. "don't fuck with me, or you'll sure as hell be in for a rude awakening.". I hissed. I backed away and the look on her face left me satisfied.

I felt the wave of cloudyness go away as a moved from Erica, but it was only replaced with pure frustration and anger. Who the fuck does that vanger think she's fucking with? I closed my fists tightly and to my surprise I felt a sharp pain. I looked down at my hands. My claws weren't retracting. I walked faster and took a sharp left down the hall and burst threw the girls bathroom door. All of the stalls were open thank goodness. I walked over to the sink and began to furiously wash my hands to rid of the terrible black goo that was my blood. I needed to calm down or they aren't going to heal. No wonder my claws aren't retracting. I need to calm down. I kept trying to steady my breathing but as I did so I just got more irritated for being in this situation. Erica Erica Erica why the hell did you have to start all this. I started banging my fist on the counter to try and let out some energy but it just fueled my rage.

I shakily reached for my phone and dialed Rakens number. Ring ring ring. "Answer the fucking phone you old piece of shit" I screamed banging my fist on the sink again. Ring ring ring. Finally he picked up " y/n? Why are you calling me. I'm at the library.". He questioned. "shut up I don't care where the fuck you are. I need to come home. My claws are out and they won't retract and I can't risk opening a Portal in this state of mind. I might transport myself to the fucking Ocean again". I screamed rushing my words together making them sound like a ramble. "okay (y/n) calm down. I'll Portal to you. You are going to be okay." He tried to comfort me but it didn't help in the slightest. "just get the fuck over here!" I screamed and hung up the phone.

The first instinct that came to my head was to throw my phone but I resisted and just slid down onto the floor and sat my head against the sink. I wasn't one to let things to get to me. But ever since moving to Whitechapel there been this overwhelming stress eating me alive. I can not mess up here. I've been in 4 different schools this year and it's not even the end of the first semester and if I mess up again I don't think Raken will be able to protect me.

I heard the sound of a prism portal opening. "y/n! Hurry" Raken yelled sticking his hand threw the portal. I rushed up and grabbed his hand and he pulled me threw. I felt myself pass threw the portal and fall into his embrace. "don't worry (y/n), I've got you now". Raken said pulling me close and caressing my head. And for the first time since I've moved to Whitechapel, I cried. I let it all out. The same black goo that fills my veins and body just flowed down my face onto Rakens white suit.

After what seemed like a century, I pulled away and sniffled. I looked down at the suit. "Raken I'm so sorry, I ruined this suit". I whispered. I felt ashamed for causing such a scene. He lift my head up. "It's fine darling, nothing a little bit of your aunt Marmalades Magick stain remover won't fix." He said ruffling my hair. "-now go get yourself cleaned up".

I did as I was told and walked into the house threw the beautiful glass back doors. I walked up the whole spiraling stairs and into my bedroom. Normally when Raken tells me to get myself cleaned up it means that were going somewhere, so I need to dress pleasantly. I grabbed myself a pair of black skinny jeans and a grey tank top and walked into the bathroom.

I turned on the sink and looked at my hands. The healed and my claws were gone. I must have calmed down when I was with Raken. Sometimes I feel like he's the only one who can truly help me. I pushed my deep thoughts aside and washed my face and neck ridding myself of the black goo. I looked at myself in the mirror and pushed my hair out of my face. fake a smile till it's real baby doll. Raken always told me this and it's something I've used to cope since I was very young.

I got dressed and walked over to my closet. I opened the door and pulled out a box sitting in the corner. It was a beautifully crafted red leather box with signals (magickal symbols). I sat the box on my bed and carefully opened it, for the hinges were old. Inside laid a beautiful black velvet cloak. It belonged to my mother. It's one of the only things I have left of her and on days like this, wearing it just makes me feel so much better. It's like I'm wrapped in her arms. I finished off my outfit with a pair of matte black wedges.

I grabbed the rest of my things and walked down the white spiraling stairs. I stopped half way threw and looked to see Raken smiling at me standing at the end of the stairs. "you look absolutely beautiful my darling!" He smiled and reached out his hand. I grabbed his hand and walked down the rest of the stairs. We walked over to the piano and we both sat down on the leather stool. Raken looked at me again. "Your mother would have adored you so much (y/n), you remind me so much of her". I felt my face drop. "I wish I could have met her. I wish I could talk to her." I croaked out. I didn't want to get emotional. Raken cleared his throat. "will you play something for me (y/n)?" He said tapping on a couple keys of the piano. I smiled. "Of course I will".

I turned to the piano and softly started with the moonlight Santa. I zoned out into the music. I heard Raken join me as well, working with the lower octaves of the piano. We always made beautiful music together. After a couple minutes the song was over and my fingers were slightly cramped but I didn't mind. Raken stood up from the piano. "Let's get going". He said. "where to exactly?" I questioned. "I want you to meet an old friend of mine, she's a caster as well and she might have some information about well, our blood line, specially the blood moon curse". He explained. Without hesitation I grabbed his hand and began walking to the door. "Come on let's go". I said pulling him alone.

I tried not to get my hopes up for information because everything always leads to a dead end. Hopefully this lady can tell me something I don't know.