A Journey Begins

It took a while to avoid any windows that put them at a disadvantage at being spotted but they eventually made it into the dark tunnels and towards the swamps. Minseok quickly transformed, his huge form shielding them from behind as they crept forward. Jongdae stuck close to his companion, choosing to keep him close in case anything happened. By the time they all emerged into the swamp area the Universe Academy had gone up in flames without a fight. It was as if it was meant to burn in the beginning. Purple became Baekhyun's most hated color with all the death that filled the air; he could only hope that as many people made it out of there alive.

Speaking of alive, the huge beast was now storming the academy, ripping down towers and raiding everything in its path. Chanyeol felt himself freeze up in terror at the sheer size of the dragon, and he could hear both his and Yifan's heartbeat pounding a mile a minute at the sight.

"Dragons, any day now! We need to leave!" Junmyeon got their attention, and Yifan didn't hesitate to shift, his form easily big enough to carry four people. Yifan's body wasn't much larger than the armored head of the huge beast tearing up the academy, but Chanyeol's was even smaller. Chanyeol could only carry Baekhyun and Zitao because of his size, and he could carry Minseok in his talons. Jongdae, Junmyeon, Sehun, and Luhan all sat on Yifan, with Yixing in his unicorn form hanging from Yifan's talons. Kyungsoo mounted Jongin's back saddle and secured his own backpack before they all took off, flying with the two dragons leading and Jongin flying slightly behind.

They flew for hours, not really sure where they could go in this situation. Baekhyun was the one who suggested that they go towards his hometown, a village that was a couple weeks away from the Universe Academy should they have walked, but now was a couple days on dragon-back.

The town was known for its magical elemental habitats, usually the more powerful dragons and mythical gumihos alike. Baekhyun said that they had many bigger places to stay that could house several dragons and mythical creatures like themselves. He also mentioned that his parents would probably worry if they didn't stop by there first. His father, in particular, was adamant about Baekhyun and Chanyeol coming to them if they had any urgent emergencies.

"I suppose this does count as an emergency." Yifan's deep voice rang through the air as they flew through darkening skies.

"It looks like it's going to start storming pretty soon. I can sense it." Minseok growled from his perch in Chanyeol's grip. Minseok's voice sounded much rougher when he was in bog tiger form, so it was like listening to a heavily accented piece of sandpaper. Baekhyun stretched from his position on Chanyeol, careful not to unbalance him. Tao had fallen asleep against one of Chanyeol's giant spikes on his body an hour ago, and most of the people minus Sehun and Yixing were doing the same on Yifan's back.

"Should we stop?" Sehun voiced everyone's thoughts, but Yifan only huffed.

"Let's see how far we can push forward. I want to put as much distance between us and that huge thing as possible. Chanyeol-ah, can you hold on a bit longer?" Yifan's huge scaly head turned to look at Chanyeol, and the smaller dragon shifted his head in agreement.

"Let's take this wind current as far as we can. But we should land as soon as the temperature begins to affect the humans. We can handle the shift in temperatures but they won't be able to find warmth on us." Chanyeol advised. So with that, the group proceeded for another hour, with Minseok monitoring the storm development.