Selection

Baekhyun met Chanyeol when Baekhyun's parents took him to the Dragon nursery a few weeks after his selection. Another batch of silver dragons had just been born to a proud Silver dragon and her human mate, a total of four new dragons wriggling their way out of their enforced shells. Baekhyun gurgled in appreciation in his father's arms, but while the dragon babies were very well interesting, Baek's eyes were on one lone dragon at the back of the rowdy bunch. That said dragon baby was having trouble getting its head out of its egg prison, and when it finally broke free it went down in a mess of small wings and limbs and landed straight in front of Baekhyun's parents.

As if they could read Baekhyun's shining eyes, his parents knew that this little dragon was definitely bound for Baekhyun, and Baek's mother took the little dragon into her arms, cooing at the adorable large set of ears poking up from its scaly head.

"That's Chanyeol. He's our runt, unfortunately. We were worried about how long it took him to hatch." Chanyeol's father informed the pair, but Baekhyun kept gurgling and reaching for the small dragon, who had since noticed the little baby as well.

As the parents continued their conversation, the little dragon cautiously extended his neck out from his perch in Baekhyun's mother's arms and in turn Baekhyun reached out and grabbed Chanyeol's snout. A small puff of smoke came out when Chanyeol sneezed pitifully, but Baekhyun only gurgled more, and it was decided that the two would be together for the rest of their days.