Chapter 1: Moonlight

The distant light of the moon was cast onto the sands of the calming beach, just as the waves had beaten onto the sands and left their marks. At that point, Clair had creeped from her beach house window, and softly landed to the ground with a thud. The moon had shown so brightly that she just couldn't resist the temptation of sitting atop a sand dune to fill her face with delight. It was nighttime, so the waves were at their calmest, which alone, could float her to sleep. But this night, of all nights, seemed special to her; it was almost as if the moon was calling to her. She slowly walked towards the shoreline, also making sure no one was watching her, although she knew this was hardly possible. There were no neighbors for miles, and this was a private beach; the only one that could ever see her from here was her uncle, the only one she lived with. Her mother and father were dead, and at that she was an only child. "He must be asleep." She muttered to herself cautiously. The wind had started blowing just at that moment, lifting her black hair off of her face and off her shoulders. The moon was full and still visible, without a cloud to be seen. Sitting down with her legs crossed, she watched the waves start to shift the sand from off the shore, as she started to relax. "This will always be my place." She calmly said, slowly shutting her eyelids as she fell to the sand, feeling comfort that she had always felt from this beach. With the calming waves in the distance, Clair slowly went limp and to sleep, and the water had creeped along her body slowly.