Chapter 9: Trespassing

The wind was only growing more fierce, pounding on Tom's skin with every second's passing. Keeping his arm up to his face, he took slow but steady steps along the sidewalk leaving his house, and towards his "race car" of a bike. It was dark blue with a neon stripe lining the sides of it. The bike itself was a beauty, in all of its getaway glory. In fact, a few weeks ago, Tom had destroyed the old windmill that had been in his neighborhood for over 60 years. He did this with spray paint, and a match box. It was easy to destroy (for him at least), with a touch of spray paint on the side, and and a bit of flame, it was his masterpiece. Of course, the neighborhood cops didn't think so, but their opinion doesn't matter. When Tom reached his bike, he clenched the handles, swung his leg over the top of it, and put his feet on the pedals. Instantly, he pushed on the pedals, speeding through the cool air and into the deep dark. While pedaling, he held the flashlight in his teeth so he could see where he was going. The place he was going could get him in trouble, but that definitely didn't bother him. After flying through the cold air that went against him and his bike, he reached his destination: the beach. It was said by other kids at his school that it had the best view of the moon at night, and it was the best beach around. While parking his bike in the soft sand, Tom scoped out his "play zone" to see what he was working with. The only things in sight were a single beach house, the ocean, and 1 dark blue truck. The night was even cooler here, but after putting his hand in the water of the ocean, realized the water was very warm. Stepping back, Tom decided he would spray paint the side of the beach house. The design would be simple; a red streak would cover the left wall of the house, then he would cross each foot of the streak with a smaller stripe. After that, he would circle his design that would be called "Stitchez", then head back to his house. After dropping the duffel bag on the floor, he started to grab his spray can from out of it. He popped the cap off the top, and started his "masterpiece" off by spraying the streak across the side of the house. The contrast of the colors was nice, mostly because the house itself was a pretty blue (one that matched the water), and the spray paint was red. Before he could finish "Stitchez", he heard a click of a window being unlocked, than opened. "HEY!!!" He heard someone holler, a girl's voice. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT HERE?!?"