Chapter 5: Fury Always Wins

Shocked by his enraged words, they both stopped dead in their tracks. "What are you gonna do?" Jay scoffed. "Cry us to death?" Despite Jay's piercing words, Olivia was looking at Tom in fear. Unlike Jay, she knew what Tom was capable of. "No," Tom said with a smirk, slowly walking towards them. He stepped forward with confidence until he was right in front of Jay, stepping over him. Tom was about a foot taller than Jay. "I don't know what you expect to happen," Tom whispered to Jay. "But whatever it is... is wrong." Tom suddenly socked Jay right in the jaw, while slamming him to the floor. Out cold, Jay lay limply to the side, while Tom suddenly stepped towards Olivia. She backed away just a step, then flinched. Usually when Tom loses his cool, he never directs it to Olivia, but not this time. He suddenly pointed a finger directly at Olivia, their faces just inches apart. "Never underestimate me." He whispered to her. He suddenly spotted the roses scattered on the floor, petals sprawled across the ground. "I'll take these." He said, snatching them all with a swipe. He walked away, strolling casually on the sidewalk. The mess he had made, the troubles he faced, were all left behind, along with the love of his life.