FIVE

The smell of the village was rather inviting for Amy. She never thought she'd be happy to see a village on an island she had no idea of the location of. Amy walked into the village and was greeted by stares of shock and amazement. She rounded a corner to find Dave talking to a man who was facing away from her.

Dave looked up from his conversation with the man. His jaw dropped as he trailed off from what he was saying. "Amy!"

Amy smiled as they greeted each other with a hug. "Hi," Amy pulled away from their hug.

"But... How?" Dave looked as if he'd faint from excitement.

"Let's just say James should be more careful where he places his sharp toys," Amy smirked.

"I can't believe they had you for three whole days!" Dave was looking up and down her blood-covered outfit.

"Well," Amy began, "I was actually there for a night."

Dave cocked his head and raised a brow.

"You see, after I escaped, I jumped into a cenote. Then I was attacked by a tiger, but someone saved me..."

"Someone saved you?" Dave smiled. "We could make an allegiance with them. Did you tell them about us?"

"That's the thing..." Amy grabbed her arm. "They were cannibals."

Dave went back to shocked.

"They... they..." Amy couldn't finish. Memories flooded back.

"You don't need to say anymore. We've heard of this group."

"I killed the leader, Joshua," Amy lost all emotion in her voice.

"That's where the blood came from, I assume?" Dave looked at all the blood again. Amy nodded. "Then come," Dave motioned her down the path. "You must be starving."

Amy lay in bed, thinking of all the things she had just encountered. She was captured, beaten, nearly eaten, and...

Dave entered the shack. "How are you, Amy?"

"Oh," Amy sat up in bed, "I'm fine, thank you."

"Good," Dave had a warm smile from ear to ear.

"I wanted to ask... what exactly happened in Città di il Morto?"

Amy showed Dave the wound from James stabbing her in the arm. "They tried to get information out of me."

"You didn't tell them, did you?" Dave's eyes got big.

"Sorta," Amy explained. "I told them I worked with a regime, but they're looking in the wrong area."

Dave smiled and chuckled. "You sure you're just an average woman from America?"

"Probably," Amy laughed, as did Dave. "Y'know, Dave... You're a nice guy."

"Thank you," Dave said. "I try my best."

"Try?" Amy smiled. "Do."

"Well," Dave began to turn, "I must get going. Let you get your sleep."

"Who said you had to leave?" Amy asked in a seductive tone.

"Oh... well..." Dave's eyes were shooting all over.

Amy chuckled, laying back down. "I guess it is your choice after all..."

Dave turned completely towards her. "Oh, really?"

Amy slowly nodded, smiling.

"I guess I could stay a little longer..." Dave began to walk towards the bed.