TWELVE

The car came to a halt on the side of the road, and the three piled out. Travis had a rather angry expression on his face.

"This is your fucking fault!" he towered over Amy, pointing at her.

"What?" Amy was confused.

"If you hadn't come here, none of this shit would've happened. Jörg would still be alive!"

"Travis!" Angelina butted in. "It's nobody's fault! We couldn't have known that Chervobskii would have captured us."

"Yeah? Well, there was a pretty good fuckin' chance of that happening, and look what happened!"

"But how is it Amy's fault?"

"Because she dragged us into this! If she hadn't come over here to take out Chervobskii, we wouldn't be in this mess!" Travis took a few breaths, calming himself. "Fuck it. Getting mad ain't gonna bring Jörg back."

"I'm sorry," Amy said. "I know, it's my fault we're in this, and I wasn't one-hundred percent honest with you guys." Angelina and Travis looked her way. "I... don't want to kill Chervobskii. I'm working with this militia group over on another island. We want to take Chervobskii in for questioning."

Travis and Angelina were stunned.

"Why didn't you tell us this?" Angelina asked.

"I thought it'd be more motivating if I told you we were gonna kill him... Just seemed like a good idea at the time."

"Goddammit, this whole thing is so fucked!" Travis angrily exclaimed. "First, Jörg dies, then we get taken to some crazy-ass place, and now we have nowhere to go or hide! This is great, just fucking great, and then it turns out that the ringleader of this whole goddamn thing doesn't even want to kill the motherfucker!"

"I'm-I'm sorry," Amy quietly apologized.

"Sorry?" Travis echoed. "Since when in the hell does 'sorry' bring back the ones you love, huh?"

"Travis!" Angelina butted in. "Listen, you need to cool down and stop treating Amy like she's a villain!"

"Goddammit, Angelina, don't you see what's going on around us?" Travis leaned towards her. "People are dying because of her! How long have you known Jörg, huh? Tell me!"

"Five years," Angelina said.

"Uh huh, and don't tell me you weren't the slightest bit mad, angry, or whatever the fuck when he died!"

"Yes, but-"

"And somehow, you don't think it's Amy's fault?"

Angelina looked frustrated now. "It's my fault just as much as it is Amy's! I made the choice to do this. So did you, you stupid piece of shit!" Angelina shoved Travis.

"My fault?" Travis was shocked. "I heard that I was getting back together with Jörg. I heard you and Ginger were gonna be there. I heard that we'd be doing this job!" He paused. "But, no. No, we just end up getting captured, Jörg gets killed, and Ginger is nowhere to be found!"

It was at this point that Travis and Angelina began arguing, trying to talk over each other. Amy couldn't bare this.

"Shut the fuck up!" Amy exclaimed. At this, Travis and Angelina stopped arguing. "Listen, I know I fucked up, I know, but that doesn't mean we don't have a chance at killing Chervobskii. If anything, we have a higher chance now that they don't know where we are."

Travis took a deep breath. "You're right..."

"Let's just find someplace to hide out for the night, okay?" Angelina said. "We've all had a long day, and need to rest a bit."