ONE

Amy, a girl of twenty-five, stared out the plane's window, wishing she could get there faster. She looked over at her younger brother, Collin, fast asleep. Amy had golden hair paired with beautiful blue eyes. She wore a pair of dark blue jeans and a bright white shirt with a forest green vest thrown over it. A necklace with a blue opal ring hung around her throat, and she wore extra hair ties on her wrist, just in case.

Collin, a young boy of twelve, had dark brown hair, an extreme difference from his sister. His eyes were a blue-ish-green. His clothes consisted of a navy t-shirt, a bright pair of jeans, and a watch tightly wrapped around his wrist.

Amy and Collin had been on a trip to Italy. It was summer, school was out for Collin, and they decided it'd been a good idea to go on a little trip. The plane was nearly packed with people excited to go to Italy, whether they had been passing through, staying, moving, and any other reason anybody could conjure up. Amy pulled out her and Collin's passports. She flipped through them, checking that everything was in order. After seeing everything was in perfect order, Amy tucked the passports away back into her purse. She rested her head on the window and drifted off to sleep.

In the pilot's cabin, the pilot was sitting back, flying the plane. Normal as per usual. As he watched the radar and the sky, he noticed something pop up. The pilot quickly grabbed the radio.

"Flight 126 headed towards Italy. I'm picking up something on the radar coming towards the plane, over."

A woman on the other side responded, "Yes, we're seeing this too. We're trying to figure out what it is."

"Well, you better damn well hurry 'cause it's coming closer."

"Yes, sir. Hold on."

The pilot was in shock. The indication on the radar was coming at alarming speeds.

"It's coming closer and fast!"

The object hit the plane.

Amy woke up to the feeling of the plane shaking and an explosion ahead of her. Collin woke up, a frightened look on his face.

"Amy?" Collin shakily called.

"Dammit... Come on, Collin!"

She grabbed Collin, and they made their way to the back. People fell out the hole in the plane, to their death. Amy and Collin felt the plane turn into a nosedive. They sprinted to the back and lay against the wall as the plane turned into a complete nosedive. Amy held Collin close, not certain if they would make it out alive. What felt like an eternity, the plane fell to the ground, oxygen flooding back and mixing with the terrified screams of people. Before Amy knew it, everything was black.

Amy awoke with a fright, a pain surging just about everywhere on her body and the smell of smoke. She looked around, weakened by the crash and barely able to move.

"C-Collin?" she barely managed to mutter. There was no answer from her brother. She felt a sharp pain in her side and came to find a broken piece of metal, sharp as a blade, with her blood on it. She could barely crawl around to get to the front of the plane, where she saw an opening.

Amy began to crawl as she saw dozens of people around her dead in the most violent ways imaginable. As she barely managed to not look, she noticed a man with what looked like a bullet wound on his forehead. Amy pondered this over as she kept crawling forward and came to the conclusion a broken piece of the plane must have hit him in the forehead, causing the wound. She wasn't sure, but there was no way he could have been shot.

Amy continued to crawl forward as she noticed the silhouette of someone familiar. "Collin!" Amy crawled even faster for her legs could not support her. She came up to Collin and shook him, hoping to wake him up. He did not wake, but he was breathing. Amy grabbed him and began to drag him out of the plane. As she got out of the plane, she noticed that she was on a beach of fine sand. As she continued to look around, she saw trees and grass, all bright and colorful greens, despite her vision being rather blurry.