FIFTEEN

Is everyone ready?" Amy asked. Jim had supplied them with a few guns to help in the siege.

"Yes!" the three all said in unison.

"Alright," Amy nodded. "Let's hunt Chervobskii down!"

They all jumped into the car and sped off. As the corporal had said, Chervobskii was hiding out in a town to the east. That's where they were headed. Jim apparently knew this town. He had told about how that was where he got his drugs.

They pulled up, not far from the town, but not close to it. Amy looked around, seeing soldiers guarding it from everywhere.

"Ready, everyone?" Amy asked looking around the car. In response, everybody nodded. "Alright." Amy cocked her assault rifle. "Let's do this!"

The entire gang hopped out of all four doors, guns in hand. They began to shoot at the guards standing watch outside. They tried to fight back but to no avail. Amy and the group advanced to the entrance to the town. It was a town much like the one Jörg lived in.

The group ran in, shooting at any guard that tried to fight back. As they were running down the street, however, a guard appeared at the top of a building, holding something. It was a gun of sorts.

"Grenade launcher!" Jim shouted. "Get the fuck down!"

Everybody ducked for cover as the guard fired a grenade, causing a small crater in the road and flipping a car onto its side.

"Amy!" Travis shouted to Amy. "We can't shoot the grenadier from here! We need to go up on the roof!"

"I'll do it!" Amy offered, running off to the building.

Amy reached the door into the building. Pulling on the door, she found that it was locked. On either side of the door, however, were large glass windows. I... am gonna do something stupid, Amy thought. Not like I haven't done dumber. Amy backed up and ran toward one of the windows and jumped through it, running with her shoulder ahead of her. The glass shattered and spread across the dirty carpet. Amy stood up, trickles of blood running down her arms and sides. The tiniest of the glass shards had cut her skin. She let out a gasp of pain as she pulled a shard out.

Amy continued toward the stairs and began running up them. As she reached the second floor, she ran out of the stairwell. Before she could continue any further, she was tackled by a guard who heard her coming. He threw her onto the ground, his hands wrapped tightly around her throat. Amy was choking, trying to get free of the guard's grasp.

Amy looked at what limited area she could. On the ground lay a shard of glass, the window behind her had been shot at various times. She reached for it, and the guard noticed. He didn't notice quick enough, however, as Amy jabbed the shard into the side of his neck. The guard fell off of Amy, choking and squirming on the ground. Amy looked away and continued up the stairwell.

Amy reached the top of the building and quietly opened the roof-access door. The grenadier was standing there, having a ball, and shooting grenades everywhere.

"Run, motherfuckers!" he screamed to the streets below.

Amy quickly ran out of the door, at the grenadier. She grabbed him and threw him to the ground, taking his grenade launcher and tossing it away.

"Where is he?" Amy demanded her knife to his throat.

"Who?" the grenadier asked in a feigned confusion.

"Your boss! Chervobskii! I know he's here, now where is he?" Amy pushed the knife closer to his throat.

The grenadier grinned, chuckling smugly. "He's already gone! Went off to that village you people were staying at! HE'S GONNA BURN IT TO THE GROUND!"