Chapter 4: Friends? Hmph... Maybe.

Something shot through the air and bounced off Samantha's head. She turned around, peeling back her lips in a snarl - but there was no one there aside from the three dogs at the front of the line, who had finally stopped staring, and the line of dogs waiting to be 'registered'. However, the dog at the very front of the line caught Samantha's eye.

"Elena Kitsune," The orange furred dog began, but she was almost immediately cut off by Abbey. "Oh my! Your hair is just... fabulous! You pull off the Beach Waves hairstyle from Amera sooo well, and it goes really well with your fur!"

She was met with silence. Samantha hid a giggle at Abbey's expression. "Um, hello? I'm talking to you! Elena!"

Elena finally spoke. "Queen Bees and your 'flattery' talk. Interrupting me, eh? You think that's smart of you? Let me assure you - I don't care what you say, you're not getting anything out of me. I'd rather be dead than even be friends with you."

Samantha grinned. "I like you already," she murmured to herself as she watched Abbey's expression go from shock to anger.

"You just put yourself at the very bottom of the rankings, Ms Kitsune." Abbey spat. "Rank 3. Dorm number FD324. Locker 639. Now get out of my sight." Abbey thrust several keys towards Elena's general direction.

Elena smirked and snatched the keys out of Abbey's paw. "But I haven't told you my hobbies and power yet!" She said, magenta eyes sparkling mockingly.

"Don't care. Get out." Abbey growled. Riley stepped forwards with a huff, a spear made of ice forming in her paws. "You want to fight, little missy?" The purple haired dog snarled, jabbing the weapon towards Elena's snout.

Elena's smirk never vanished. "You sure about that?" She chuckled softly and lifted her paw, curling it into a child's imaginary gun.

"And... bang." She 'pulled' the trigger, a sadistic smile still spread across her snout. A piano materialised out from what seemed to be her paw and shot towards the three dogs. Abbey screeched with fear and Riley's eyes widened with horror.

A shield made of light suddenly appeared and surrounded the three dogs. A gust of wind blasted the flying piano and abruptly shattered the musical instrument. Splinters of wood and ivory flew everywhere, causing the queue of dogs to scatter with howls or screams.

The light shield faded as the cloud of dust rose and faded away, revealing the third dog standing in front of the other two with a paw outstretched. The brown furred dog averted her eyes nervously as she realised she was the center of attention and she shrank back with a whimper.

"Good job, Keira." Riley finally said, giving the shorter dog a rare smile. Abbey forced a smile and nodded. "Yeah, good job." She turned around to face the line, which had finally regrouped again. "Next!" She called, as if this was an everyday occurance.

Elena strutted away, keys dangling from her jaws. She scanned the crowd as if looking for someone - and her eyes finally settled on Samantha.

"Samantha, was it?" She asked, her smile becoming genuine. "You seem like a cool person. What did you think of my show?"

Samantha blinked a few times before finally realising that Elena was talking to her. "Uh... it was great! But why a piano?"

Elena grinned. "Oh, I don't choose what I shoot. Now, I've heard we're dormmates...?"

"We are?" Samantha echoed, checking her key number. A smile spread across her snout as she compared it to Elena's key. Their eyes lit up as they realised that they matched.

"School might actually be fun for once," Samantha commented, eyes still sparkling mischievously. "Race you to the - our dorm?"

Elena nodded and abruptly set off. Samantha bounded after her in chase, the two of them laughing as they sprinted out of the main building and towards the dormitories.