Kai

I finish brushing my hair and run outside. I can't miss the bus again!

I see the bus rounding the corner, but what takes up most of my vision is a Jeep Wrangler. And it's driver? Laurence Zvahl.

Wow.

"Are you gunna get in or not?" He smirks.

I sling my backpack over my shoulder and hop into the front seat. "Wow, thanks."

"Anytime, shortcake." He laughs.

"Shortcake?!" I gasp.

He ruffles my hair. "It's just a nickname."

"Oh, um.. What are your plans for tonight?" I ask sheepishly.

(BAHHHHHHH)

"Oh, me? I'm just planning to do some homework. But it can wait, what do you have in mind?" He asks.

I laugh awkwardly. "Well, my brother and his girlfriend are going to the movies, and they invited me and.."

"Oh, sure, I'd love to come." He smiles brightly.

I grin, "Really?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" He asks.

I shrug. "You know so many other girls."

We pull into the parking lot. "You're the only one I notice."

I smile and we walk into school together. "Great. So, it's a date?"

He smiles. "Of course."

Girls swarm us, as usual.

"Laurence, baby!"

"I love you!"

"Wanna go to a restaurant tonight? My treat!"

Laurence shakes his head. "Sorry, ladies. I have a date tonight."

They gasp. "With who?"

He kisses my head. I feel my face get really red.

They all get angry. "That rat!"

They start to charge at me. Laurence hugs me to his side. "If you don't respect her, that means you don't respect me."

They stand there, dumbfounded, and Laurence pushes through the crowd. My face is blood red, and that makes him laugh.

"I have to get to class. I'll see ya, okay?" He laughs and I nod.

I walk into class and see a student that I didn't normally see in my 1st class of the day. He was glancing around the room, and he caught my eyes. He pranced over to me, his smile wide and his tail swaying.

"Hi! I'm Kai, and I was wondering if I'm in the right class? You see, my schedule got changed and I think I'm supposed to be here." He asks me for help.

"Oh, um, welcome. Can I see your schedule?" I ask, politely.

He nods and hands me the white piece of paper. I nod and hand it back to him. "Yeah, 207, Mr. Menser."

He grins. "Thank you so much! Could I get your name, perhaps?"

I blink. "Oh, I'm Y/N."

He responds in a really friendly tone, "Nice to meet you, Y/N."

I feel a pair of hands grab my waist from behind. On instinct, I turn around and see Ein. I glare at him. "Get off of me!!"

Kai cocks his eyebrow. "Is everything okay?"

Ein sighs, "Please, can we talk?"

I cross my arms and push him away. "Next time you'd like to talk, ask like a normal person, please!"

Kai stares at me. I inhale sharply, "Sorry, everything is fine."

I walk away from Ein and Kai follows me. "What was that about?"

"Eh? Yo- um, er... people troubles." I shrug.

"Oh, well, if you ever need any help, you know where I'll be. I mean, you did see my schedule." He nods and walks off.

I sigh and direct my attention to the ongoing lesson.

Hi! Sorry for the wait! I had some writer's block and I was focusing on other books and such! More updates are coming your way!