Prom Night

Hey theatre junkies, any christmas musical audition songs? Preferably funny... appropriate for a children's musical 8-18? I can sing Alto, Mezzo, and Soprano. I want to avoid tenor songs or anything from Elf the Musical.. I have an audition in a week.

Prom? Prom. Prom's tonight...

Holy shit.

I stare at myself in the mirror. Will Laurence like what I'm wearing? What if he doesn't show up? What if he ditches me? What if he finds another, prettier girl? What if...

Oh my Irene. I need to stop. Everything's gunna be fine tonight. I take a few deep breaths, trying to slow down my heartbeat. Laurence is a good guy, he'd never do that. He loves me, I love him. Everything is gunna be okay.

Deep breaths, Y/N. I tell myself as I walk downstairs.

Travis claps as I descend the staircase. He's standing with Katelyn who smiles at me. Travis shouts. "That's my sister!"

I laugh and hug him, and then I hug Katelyn. I might not even be going to prom with Laurence without them both giving me advice. Katelyn is like my big sister, and my mom. Since Irene knows where my actual mom is... and Travis has been like a father figure to me, because of dad's frequent absences. But, still, Dad managed to make time to be here until I leave, then he has another business trip.

Dad gives me an awkward thumbs up. "Pretty."

I snort and hug him. "I love you dad."

"I love you, too." He says, patting my back.

The doorbell rings and I practically jump 4 feet into the air. Katelyn answers the door with a swift. "Hurt her and I'll kick your ass to the moon."

Laurence nods. "Yes ma'am. May I see my girlfriend now?"

She steps out of the way, and Laurence runs over to hug me. He encases me in his arms. I feel the urge to kiss him, but I decide to keep the PDA to a minimum because of Dad... and Katelyn.

For one of the first times, Laurence and dad interact. My dad shakes Laurence's hand. "Thank you for making my daughter happy."

"Thank you for raising such a great girl." He responds.

I shake my head. "So formal. Show some love, dad!"

I make them hug each other, trying to rid of the heavy tension. Just a few days ago, I had gotten yelled at for staying at Laurence's house. My dad's normally quick to forgive, though. It's just awkward...

Laurence claps his hands. "Well, darling, are you ready to go?"

I nod. "Lets get going! Cya guys."

Laurence and I walk our the door and to his car. As soon as we get in, he kisses my passionately. "It was hard to control myself in front of your dad..."

"Mmmm?" I mutter though the kiss.

"You look stunning..." He said, pulling his lips apart from mine. "This must be what love feels like..."

"What do you mean?"

"It's like... whenever I see you, I feel the overwhelming urge to hug you and never let you. I want to protect you. My stomach feels weird, my head gets fogged, and all I can ever think about is you..." He sighs, kissing me again. "I love you..."

"I love you, too..." I smile, playing with his hair. "I don't ever want to leave your side... It physically pains me..."

He smile and starts to drive. He puts his hand on my thigh as he drives. After 10 minutes, we park outside our school gym. I kiss his cheek. "Let's get our party on! We should find Garroth and Rosie!"