Saturday Morning

I roll over, away from Laurence, and groan. "Why is his house so hot right now?"

I stand up and walk downstairs to get a glass of water. The house is pretty much silent. I grab a cup, fill it up, and take a sip. Then, I decide to go back up to Laurence's room to lay down. As I turn the corner to exit the kitchen, I bump into someone and fall down. I open my eyes and see Laurence. We both break out into laughter as he helps me up. He kisses my forehead.

"How are you feeling today?" He asks.

I shrug. "Better now that you're up."

He smiles. "Good. Wanna come with me while I take Edward out?"

I nod and he runs over to Edward's cage. Edward races out and licks my face. I pet him and smile widely. All is good. The whole house is quiet. You could hear a pin drop. I slip on one of Laurence's jackets and walk outside. The grass is dewy and you came smell it in the air. I inhale deeply, appreciating the scent that is the mixture of Laurence's cologne and the grass.

"Saturday mornings are the best." I sigh blissfully.

"Mhm." He says, shutting his front door.

Edward runs around the yard. A small, grey car drives down the road past Laurence's house and he barks. I watch him contently as he rolls around in the grass. I feel Laurence's eyes on the back of my head, but I ignore it. I don't mind him staring at me.

"You're so pretty." He grins.

I chuckle. "No, you are."

"Aw, thanks. I know." He winks at me.

We sit in silence for a while, neither of us knowing what to do next. Neither of us are uncomfortable, just bored.

I sigh, breaking the the silence. "What now?"

"Now?" He asks. "Well, I guess we just... be."

"Just be?" I raise my eyebrow. "How do we do that?"

"I dunno. I guess, we've been so preoccupied with everything thats been going on, the hustle, the drama, that we forgot how to just... not worry about anything. We just, constantly feel on edge, where we can't relax. We'll figure it out though, together. Right?"

"Right, of course." I nod.

I smile and walk over to him. I ruffle his already messy hair. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

{The End}

Epilogue coming soon.