Taking Care of Y/N {Pt. 1}

I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder, shaking me awake. "Y/N, honey, wake up. Y/N..."

My eyes flutter open. I see Laurence smile in with success. I smile back at him. "Good morning."

"Good morning. The nurse is gunna be in here any minute to check your vitals." He kisses me on the cheek. "Do you need anything?"

I shake my head. "Just you. Don't you have to go to school today?"

"I'm skipping." He shrugs.

I nod as the nurse come in. She checks simple things, like my BPM, blood pressure, etc.. Then the processes as a whole only take about 10 minutes. Laurence just sits back in his chair.

She hands a couple papers to Laurence. "These are her release papers, since her father isn't here, you should carry them out for her. I don't want Y/N to go to school today, but if she's feeling okay the next day, she can go back."

"What can I do to help her today?" He asks.

"Just care for her. Let her rest. Comfort her. Today, although her physical health still could be not be in perfect condition, is more of a... a day to mentally process everything. Nevertheless, refrain her from physical activity, and in two weeks, her werewolf tail will start to grow in. When that happens, give her the pain killer listed on the release form. I know it be painful."

We both nod. She smiles, "Anyways, you're free to go. Stay safe, kiddos."

Laurence helps me get off of the bed. I take a deep breath and stabilize myself. He grabs my hand and we exit the room, then the hospital. Outside, the wind whips my skin. It's probably going to storm today. I can smell the moisture in the air.

"I've gotta call Garroth to see if he can leave school to come drive us." He tells me.

I tilt my head. "Where are we going?"

"My house, if it's okay with you. Your dad messaged me and there was some hold up in Seattle with Travis and that he'll be a day or two." He informs me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me towards him as people walk by.

I snuggle into him, because he's warm. "That sounds great."

He chuckles and takes his sweatshirt off and hands it to me. "You seem cold."

"I am!" I smile. "It's Antarctica out here. Thank you!"

I pull the sweatshirt over my head. He hugs me to his side as he calls Garroth. "Hello? Yeah, I think she's okay. She was just released. Yes. I'm with her. Where are we? We're right outside the hospital. We don't have a ride. Can you come drive us to my house? Thanks bro. Mhm, I will... Cya."

"Is he coming?" I ask.

"He's gunna meet us a cafe down the street. It's not very far at all. We can walk." He says.

I nod. He grabs my hand my and we start to walk. We talk about what we'll do when we get to his house, like two little kids having a sleepover. He tells me that we can play board games and watch movies.

"Can we bake together?" I ask excitedly.

He's smile grows. "Yeah! I like baking!"

We weave through the crowded sidewalk. He continues, "We can make brownies, or cookies..."

"Or cupcakes!" I grin.