Prom-Posal? Ruined.

I go to school that following Monday, exhausted from the weekend. I have no idea where Laurence or Garroth are, but I shrug it off. They're probably busy , and it's not like I have to spend every waking hour with them.

A pretty girl waves to me. "Hi! Are you Y/N?"

"Yeah." I smile.

"I'm Rosie!" She says, shaking my hand.

Rosie has platinum blonde hair and big brown eyes. The roots of her hair are black, which I'm guessing is from the hair dye fading out. She still somehow rocks the look, because she straight up looks like a goddess. She's got skin that's a light brown. Overall, she looks like a model.

"It's nice to finally meet you!" She smiles. "Garroth talks about you all of the time, and I was sort of jealous before I found out that you were dating Laurence Zvahl! You guys are couple goals! We should totally double date sometime."

"You're dating Garroth?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah! We've been together for about... three days." She cheers. "He's so sweet, right?"

"Mhm. He really is." I smile a bit.

"Wanna walk together?" She asks me.

I nod. "Sure."

Her attitude is contagious. Just being around her would lift anyone's spirit. Within a few minutes of talking to her, I'm already laughing and cheering, just like her. I can see why Garroth likes her so much. She's so sweet!

I see Garroth and Laurence across the hall from us. I smile, and Rosie smiles too. They walk up to us. Garroth and Rosie hug and I kiss Laurence on the cheek.

"I see that you two have finally met?" Garroth asks, smiling.

"Yeah! Rosie is so nice." I answer.

Garroth is beaming. "I know right."

"Well, um, prom is this Friday." Laurence says shyly. "And Garroth is going with Rosie!"

"I'm so excited! And Garroth was just the cutest when he made his prom-posal!" Rosie claps, jumping up and down.

"Very cool." I smile, a bit sad inside.

Why hasn't Laurence asked me yet? Does he not like me anymore?

Laurence rubs the back of his neck. "Uhh, speaking of prom-posals... Garroth, Rosie, you ready?"

"Ready for what?" I ask.

Rosie looks excited as she nods frequently to Laurence. Garroth gives him a big thumbs up and yells. "PLAY THE MUSIC!!"

Music starts to play through the school's intercom. I gasp as about 22 or so students run into the hallway, each of them holding a letter.

W
I
L
L
Y
O
U
G
O
T
O
P
R
O
M
W
I
T
H
M
E
?

Laurence raises an eyebrow. "Wait, that's not supposed to happen?"

Kai parts the crowd. "Y/N, darling! I know that we have our fights, but I really love you, and was wondering if you'd go to prom with me?"

I'm, like, absolutely petrified. I just... tilt my head. Laurence yells, "WHAT THE HELL!?"

Rosie gasps. "LAURENCE'S PROM-POSAL WAS BEEN SABOTAGED!!"

She grabs Garroth's wrist to stop him from lunging at Kai.

"Well, honey, c'mon!" Kai yells out to me. "Come give me a kiss! All the meifwa are waiting!"

I just slowly shake my head. Laurence scowls, "That's gross."

He walks over and hugs me, glaring Kai. Kai protests, "Dude! Just give up, she likes me!"

Laurence yells back. "SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND! AND YOU TOTALLY RUINED MY WHOLE AWESOME THINGY I WAS GUNNA DO TO ASK HER TO PROM!"

Kai shrugs. "Let's let her decide, then. Who are you going to prom with? Me, or him?"

"I chose Laurence, duh! You're gross!" I say, hugging Laurence's arm.

The meifwa boo me. "BOOOOO!!! YOU'RE THE GROSS ONE!"

Rosie shoos then out of the hallway. "Get out, meanies!"

Once they leave, Laurence sighs. "Well, my prom-posal is ruined... but, well, I guess we're going to prom together now?"

I smile a bit. "Of course!"

Again, a short one. And also, whoever requested this song, um, thank you. I love this song.