F.R.I.E.N.D. Z.O.N.E.D.

Comment any song suggestions! I'll pick a few to feature in upcoming chapters! xx

I HAVE REHEARSAL FOR TWO PLAYS, WHICH BOTH RUN PRACTICES ON THE SAME DAYS BUT ONE IS AN ALL DAY PRACTICE AND ONE IS A THREE HOUR NIGHT ONE SO... UPDATES ARE GUNNA BE SCREWY. SORRY.

Back to school, finally. I have to admit, staying home was nice, but I'm so alone it's unreal. Being the homeschooled would drive me nuts if I had to go through it.

I walk into the front school yard. I'm immediately greeted by Garroth. "Hey Y/N."

"Hey Garroth. Thanks for the surprise yesterday." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Did you not like it? I return it..."

"No! I loved it! It just... cost me a lot of embarrassment.." I laugh nervously.

He face goes from panicked to relieved. "Oh, good."

We start walking into the school. The air is filled is silence. Its good, though. It gives me time to think.

I think back to that feeling that I experience when I'm around Laurence. My stomach twists into knots; my face contorts into a smile; and I just feel... how do I describe it...

Giddy.

Then I think about Garroth. Back when he kissed me so suddenly... yeah, that was a weird experience. It just... felt wrong. Not like, gross or anything... It just... it wasn't where he was meant to be.

Then I think about Garroth always listening to me whenever I need to rant. I remember that one time the Laurence was mad, Garroth still talked to me... Like a friend.

Then I think about what Garroth did yesterday. How nice it was. Something I think friends do for their sick friends. I, then, realize, Garroth is a great friend... and that more than that would be bad.

Good thing he's probably over me.

Then I realize how Laurence and Garroth are best friends. And how Garroth is such a cool friend and how I.... like... Laurence and how Garroth would totally help me with that.

I feel a nudge on my shoulder, "Y/N? You okay?"

I feel a smile spread across my face, "Hey, Garroth, can we talk?"

"Of course! What do you need to talk about?"

"I... gah, this is awkward.."

He has a warm smile on his face. "It's okay. I won't judge or anything."

I inhale. "So there's this... guy, who I like.. and I, never thought that I'd ever like him because... it's so cliche and he's just so... popular."

"Go on..."

"And I just need a guy's perspective of what to do... I'm really freaking out here, Garroth."

"Well, do you want a relationship with him, or...?" He smirks.

"Oh my Irene, I really do." I feel myself getting giddy just talking about it. "But, he has a lot of girls after him, so, it's really risky.."

"Do you think he likes you?"

"I-I'm pretty sure.." I reply, looking at my feet. "He talks to me a lot and does really nice things for me.."

"You should definitely ask him out, then!" Garroth answers.

"But what if he says no..."

Garroth's smile spreads from ear to ear. "I don't think he will."

Garroth's POV

She's totally talking about me.

It's obvious, and I'm excited.

I was going to ask her out, but I was always afraid that she likes Laurence.

But, dude, it's so clear now.

Y/N likes me!

And I...

I get this feeling that I'm floating whenever she's around. Even if I just see her, it's like she just, shoots me up into the clouds.

Maybe it's the way that she lights up any room she walks into, like a portable little ray of sunshine. Her smile is contagious.

Maybe it's the way that she smells like warm honey and milk. It's so addicting, it's like a drug.

But the feeling I have now that I know she likes me? Pure. Ecstasy.

Y/N's POV

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

I smile, "Thanks Garroth. You're like, the best friend."

He beams back at me. "Anytime."

We sit in silence for a while. My insides feel warm.

"So... Y/N?" He asks, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?"

He shifts in his seat. "Who is this... lucky guy...?"

She laughs awkwardly. "Well, you know him very well..."

"Oh? I do?" He smirks.

"It's....

Laurence...!"

His face drops.

"Shh, please don't tell him..."

Garroth kinda just, stares at me with a blank face. I figure it's from shock or something. But then he gets this... angry, betrayed look. Like he just lost something very important to him.

"Garroth?" I ask. "Are you alright?"

He doesn't answer. He just stands up and runs outside, where the rain is toppling from the clouds.

"Garroth! Hey! Come back!"