All Things Must Pass

"I think it's time for a band meeting," I sighed into the phone, "My place, one hour, yeah?"

I could almost hear Linda nod, "I'll be there. Are you going to call Ellen?"

"Not yet. For now, it's just the two of us."

"Alright. See you in an hour."

With that, I hung up. For a moment, I simply stared at the wall, my hand still clenched around the telephone. The moment of truth had finally arrived and I didn't think I could handle it.

We had to do something. It had been eight months since Molly's passing and the pain hadn't gotten any better, but there were things I couldn't put off any longer. Revolution could only be on hiatus for so long, people were beginning to get anxious. I had seen several articles and even a television short speculating about the fate of Revolution. According to them, we had vanished off the face of the Earth, the only sightings were of me on The Beatles world tour.

Part of me couldn't stand the thought of playing without Molly, but the other part couldn't stand the thought of not playing. All I wanted was to get up on stage and drum my heart out, but I couldn't imagine doing it without Molly. Perhaps drumming would help me get over this grief. If I finally took that step that seemed impossible, maybe I could finally overcome this darkness. Drumming was therapeutic for me, I wouldn't have gotten this far without it. 

Something had to be done. Either we disbanded Revolution or we continued as if nothing had changed. Deep down, I knew exactly what was going to happen and I was terrified of it.

Linda arrived right on time. Heather held her hand, looking tired from getting up so early. She went to lay down on the couch while Linda and I gathered around the bar in the kitchen.

"Care for a cuppa?" I asked.

Linda smiled, "Got any coffee?"

"Course I do, just for you."

"You're too kind."

I made us each a cup of coffee, placing the red mugs in front of us. We sat in silence for a few minutes, just sipping our coffee and staring at the bar. Finally, Linda broke the silence.

"I suppose you called me here to decide what to do with Revolution?" she asked.

I sighed, "We've gotta do somethin', Lindy, we can't just keep going like this."

"I agree," she replied, "But, do you?"

"What?"

"We have to do something, it all depends on you," she replied, "You're the last remaining member of Revolution- last original member, at least. It all depends on what you want to do."

I shook my head, "I don't know."

"What does your heart say?"

"And I thought I was the sap," I chuckled.

Linda shook her head. I glanced up at her, meeting her eyes and feeling the wetness waiting behind my own. My heart trembled as did the rest of my body. I had to put down the mug before I spilled any of the contents.

"When Janice quit the band, Molly and I didn't want to continue," I sighed, "It didn't seem right to continue with Revolution without Janice, she was a founding member after all. But, we did, because we had to fight. We started Revolution as exactly that, a Revolution, and we couldn't stop because one soldier fell."

Linda smiled, "Are you going to stop now?"

"It doesn't feel right- playin' without Molly. Don't get me wrong, I love playing with you, I couldn't imagine it any other way, but it's different. Molly's always been there ever since the beginning. I couldn't-I don't-"