Chapter 9

//Chapter 9//

Carter's POV

Me and Taylor were walking around this little part of the city. We were looking around the shops and all that.

"STEPH!" we heard someone shout and it sounded like Shawn.

"Aye did you hear that?" I asked Taylor.

"Yea it sounded like Shawn" he said.

"Let's go see"

"Okay"

We followed the sounds of the screams and we saw Shawn, his dad, and another family that looked familiar. We walked up to Shawn.

"Aye why you screaming Steph's name for?" Taylor asked Shawn.

"She ran away, crying." he said.

"We will go find her for you guys" Taylor said.

We started running after her. She was heading towards the park. We ran towards the park and saw her sitting on the swings. We walked up to her and she was crying her eyes out.

She looked up and saw us. I looked into her eyes and saw fear and shock.

"Steph?" Taylor says.

"Y-yeah" she stuttered.

"You look different." I said and Taylor nodded.

"Yea" she said.

"Are you okay?" Taylor said.

"No"

"What happened?" I asked.

"I-I got to g-go" she said.

Steph's POV

I couldn't tell them what happened. I'm still scared of them. I can't trust them. I needed to go home.

I start to walk away. Before I can get out of the park, someone grabs my hand and spins me around. It's Taylor.

"Let me drive you home. It's dark." he says.

"Um I can walk. It's fine." I say.

"Please. It's dark and late."

"Fine then."

We walk to his car and get in. Taylor calls someone.

"Aye Carter tell Shawn that she's fine and safe....okay bye man."

He starts the car and drive. The car ride is silent until he turned on the radio. Rude by Magic starts playing.

After 15 minutes, we pull up to my driveway. I was about to step out but then I had to tell Taylor something.

"Taylor thanks for the ride"

"No problem"

"Um can you promise me that you won't tell the rest of the guys that I changed my appearance?"

"I promise"

"And tell Carter and Shawn the same thing"

"Alright"

I open the car door and get out the car. I walk up the front door.

"Wait!" Taylor says and run up to me.

I turn around to face him. I was about to say something when his lips collide with mine. I was hesitant at first but then I kiss him back.

We pull away and look each other in the eye.

"Don't tell anyone about this okay?"

"Okay"

"Goodnight Taylor"