Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6 

                  Task two

“Harry, Siri! You told me you figured the egg out weeks ago! The task is two days from now!” Hermione cried, and Siri banged her head on the table.

“Really? We had no idea.” She groaned, while Ron slid a pillow under her head to minimize the damage.

“I suppose Viktor’s already figured it out.” Ron grumbled, and Hermione stiffened.

“Wouldn’t know. We don’t actually talk about the tournament. Actually, we really don’t talk at all. Viktor’s more of a physical being.” She said, and Siri raised her head up from the table, raising an eyebrow at Hermione, who blushed.

“I mean he’s not particularly loquacious. Mostly, he watches me study. It’s a bit annoying, actually. You are trying to figure this egg out, aren’t you?” She asked.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked.

“It just means these tasks are designed to test you in the most brutal way. They’re almost cruel. And I’m scared for you. Both of you got by the dragons mostly on nerve. I’m not sure it’s going to be enough this time.” Hermione said nervously. Siri snorted.

“My dear girl, I’ve been through a four-month detention with Snape. I think I can handle anything after that.”

“Isn’t that after you beat him up then lifted him up by his ankles, and called him a, uh...you know.” I sighed, and Siri waved me off.

“I forget the details. I’m gonna go, I want lunch.” Siri said, getting up and walking out of the room.

“Harry, go with her. I don’t trust her when she’s hungry.” Hermione grimaced, and I nodded, running out of the room and catching up with  her.

“Oh. Hi Potter. I though Hermione would send someone. Please, so I punched someone that one time no big deal..” She sighed, and I rolled my eyes.

“You broke his nose, Black.” 

“There was pudding! And he was in my way.... Besides, he was a Slytherin!” She defended, and before I could say something else, someone yelled behind us

“Hey, Siri! Potter!” Cedric Diggory yelled, running up to us. Siri grinned.

“Hey Cedric.” Siri greeted.

“How are you?” I asked, and Cedric grinned, his eyes flickering to Siri for a moment before they went back to me.

“Spectacular. I realize I never really thanked your properly for tipping me off about the dragons.” He started, but I cut him off.

“Forget it. I’m sure you would’ve done the same for me.”

“Exactly. You know the Prefects’ bathroom on the fifth floor? It’s not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg, and mull things over in the hot water. Trust me. The password is ‘Snitch’.” Cedric said, before turning to Siri.

“It’s good to see you. Are we still going tomorrow?” He asked, and Siri smiled.

“Sure Ced, of course. I’ll see you then.” She said, and Cedric walked off, smiling. I turned to her, raising an eyebrow.

“So, what are you doing tomorrow?” I asked, and Siri rolled her eyes.

“He tutors me, stupid. I need help in potions, and he offered to give me free lessons.” She explained, but I kept staring at her. She slapped me on the shoulder.

“Potter, he has a girlfriend.” She reminded me, and I finally gave away, turning my stare onto the view as we walked across the bridge into the Great Hall.