Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

                 A duel

Voldemort looked around the graveyard, a cruel smile on his face, his red eyes glowing fiercely as he looked at Siri and I.

“My wand, Wormtail.” Voldemort asked, and Wormtail obliged, taking out a dark brown wand, very similar to my own. Voldemort handled it careful, twirling it in his fingers before turning back to Wormtail, who was cradling what was left of his right arm.

“Hold out your arm.” Voldemort ordered, and Wormtail held out his stump.

“Master, thank you, master.” He said, and Voldemort laughed, his voice high and cruel.

“The other arm, Wormtail.” Voldemort instructed, and Wormtail, though looking somewhat disappointed, nodded quickly, holding out his left hand that bore the dark mark. Voldemort pressed his wand down on it, and for a moment I thought my  head would explode.

My skull felt like it was on fire, like my brain was slowly burning from the inside out.

Only minutes later a group of people apparated into the cemetery, wearing black cloaks and masks that were shaped like skulls, grinning menacingly back at us.

“Welcome, my friends.” Voldemort greeted, walking in a line. “Thirteen years it’s been, and yet here you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. 

Voldemort’s cruel smile fell off his face, his eyes burning in disgust.

“I confess myself... disappointed.” He sighed, turning to a death eater on the far left. 

“Not one of your tried to find me. Crabbe! Macnair! Goyle!” Voldemort hissed, and several death eaters fell to their knees in fear, their shoulders shaking. I felt revolted, disgusted, and I pitied them. Voldemort walked up to the Death Eater closest to Siri and I.

“Not even you, dear Lucius.” Voldemort sighed, and Lucius Malfoy pulled off his mask, falling to his knees in front of his master.

“My Lord, had I detected any sign. A whisper of your whereabouts-” Lucius started, but Voldemort interrupted him, making a small scoffing sound.

“There were signs, my slippery friend. And more than whispers.”

“I assure you, my Lord, I have never renounced the old ways. The face I have been obliged to present each day since your absence, that is my true mask.” Lucius pleaded, blonde hair falling into his face.

“I returned.” Wormtail said weakly, and Siri snorted through the new gag, rolling her eyes.

“Out of fear of your old friends, not loyalty, you have none! Still, you have proved yourself useful these past few months, Wormtail.” Voldemort sighed, looking exasperated. With a wave of his wand a silver hand grew on Wormtail’s stump. Wormtail admired it, his eyes wide.

“Thank you, master!” Wormtail gasped, his eyes on his silver hand. Voldemort looked over at Cedric, tilting his head and smiling cruelly.

“Such a handsome, boy..” Voldemort trailed off.

“Don’t touch him!” I yelled, and Siri spat the cloth out, nodding in agreement.

“Ah, Harry! Siri! I’d almost forgotten you were here.” Voldemort said, walking towards us, his eyes glinting maliciously.

“Standing on the bones of my father, yes? I’d introduce you, but word has it you’re almost as famous as me these days. The boy who lived, and the daughter of a crazed convict.” Voldemort grinned, and Siri growled.