chapter three

"You okay?" I hear that deep voice and look up and the one and only Ashton Irwin is standing above me with a cigarette dangling from his mouth. He takes a drag and blows out smoke.

"I'm fine," I say and stand up walking towards my house again.

"You don't seem fine," He says and I turn around to face him.

"Why do you care? I'm just the rich bitch that everyone secretly hates and every guy wants to have sex with and nobody really cares about, do they? They just want money or my body. Nobody cares, why should you? I was a bitch to you," I say tears pouring from my eyes and I let out another sob and turn to walk away again. He doesn't call after me, he doesn't run for me, nothing. Because he doesn't care. I get back to my house and I feel claustrophobic. I feel someone tap me on the shoulder and it's Calum.

"You okay? Hailey has been looking for you," he says, "Oh my god, Abby, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine," I wipe under my eyes, "Where's Hailey?" I ask and he walks with me to find Hailey, Erin, and some other guy flirting with Erin.

"Abby, what happened? Why were you crying?" Hailey asks and I shake my head.

"I'm fine, I'm going to get something to drink," I say and walk to the table with beers and everything. I pour myself one in a cup and take a gulp of it. On the way over a bunch of guys were smacking my ass and trying to make moves on me and I felt terrible. I look around, people making out, grinding, everything you can think of. I can't take this anymore. I want everyone out. I tell everyone to go home and everyone starts filing out of the house. Once it's empty, cups, plates, and blunts, are everywhere. I start putting things in trash bags while crying.

After about three hours of cleaning I go upstairs, change into pajamas, wash off my makeup, and put my hair up. I take out my contacts and slide on my glasses. I had a few more beers to drink and then I climb into my bed with a book and try not to be completely miserable. I hear a knock on the door and groan, who would be here at three in the morning?

I walk down the steps and open the door and Ashton is standing in the doorway.

"Wow, you look different," He says and I shake my head and almost slam the door but he stops me.

"What the fuck do you want Irwin?" I ask and he steps forward.

"What happened? Why were you crying earlier?" He asks and I shake my head.

"None of your business," I say getting teary eyed again.

"If you need to talk, I'm right down the street," He says and I bite my lip as he turns around.

"Ashton wait," I say and he turns to face me. I let more tears fall and I wrap my arms around him. First he just stands there confused but then he wraps his strong arms around me. He rubs circles in my back and just holds me. I let him inside and fix us both coffee and we sit in my living room.

"So what happened tonight?" He asks.

"Shawn, the guy from our class, he tried to have sex with me and when I wouldn't he said some awful stuff to me. I should be used to it by now but I'm not. All guys ever want from me is to get in my pants and I've been dealing with it for so long. I've never even been in a real relationship," I say and look down at my coffee. I don't know why I was spilling my guts to Ashton, it might be the fact that I'm still drunk and partially high.

"There will be a guy who loves you for you, you might not find him in highschool but he's out there. You're a beautiful girl Abby, guys are just dicks and I'm sorry you have to go through that. I was too quick to judge you. Yeah, you were kind of a bitch to me but I was kind of an ass to you. People have a lot more going on with them that make them who they are then anyone really realizes," Ashton says and more tears fall and I smile at him.

"Nobody has ever called me beautiful," I say looking up at him, "All I ever get is hot or cat calls in the hallways."

"You don't deserve to be treated that way, Abby, and I'm sorry you have to," Ashton says and I shake my head.

"No, I do, because I'm the one who puts myself out there the way I do but I just want people to like me. I don't know how else to act because this is how it's been since middle school," I say.

"It may feel more comfortable to keep doing what you're doing but you'll be happier and you'll find much better friends if you be yourself. I mean I thought you really were a spoiled bitch but when I saw you crying tonight it kind of broke my heart," He says and I smile.

"I thought you were an emotionless kid who didn't care about the world but tonight has changed that a lot," I say and he half smiles.

"I should get home, you can text me if you need me?" Ashton says standing up and I nod. I walk him to the door and lock it behind him and go up to my room to sleep. I collapse on my bed, put my glasses on the bedside table, and fall asleep almost instantly.