chapter eighteen

Abby's POV

I was driving with my boyfriend in the passenger seat when he started changing the radio station and something about Ashton came on.

"Ashton Irwin was seen, yet again, leaving a party with another random girl," They start off.

"Please change it," I say, keeping my eyes on the road.

"No, it's funny. He's such a dick," He laughs but I change it myself but he changes it back.

"Just change it, Noah, this isn't funny," I say seriously, Ashton has been all over the news all the time and it's driving me insane. He needs to learn to keep his dick in his pants.

"Come on Abby, you guys dated for barely two months, it's not like you were in love," He scoffs and I stay quiet, giving up. Because I was in love with him, although I didn't want to admit it. I didn't want to tell Noah that, we would just start arguing and I hate arguing with him. I drop off Noah at his house and go home right after. I drive past Ashton's neighbourhood and I'm tempted to go and see him but I resist. I finally get home and walk inside to an empty house.

My brother had gotten his own apartment after begging my parents, and my parents were out of town, again. I lock the door behind me and throw my keys and bag on the couch. I walk into the kitchen to get a drink and check my phone. I hadn't checked it all day. I had a missed call and a message from an unknown number. I click it.

"Hey Abby, it's Ash...I miss you! We should get together sometime...maybe we can go see a movie like we used to...well Abby I'll talk to you later! I love -" It cuts off before he can finish his sentence. He was drunk, he could barely talk and he kept giggling.

I delete the message and look at the ones from that night. I still didn't have the heart to delete them because it was all I had left of the old Ashton. This partying, sleeping around, drinking, this wasn't Ashton. He was trying to get attention, whose, I'm not sure, but he was making a fool of himself. There was no denying that I missed him but I didn't love him anymore, I was sure of it. I don't think of him as much as I used to and I don't stare at him with girls at school anymore. Everyone is all over him now that the boys are getting bigger.

Luke was still my best friend and so was Michael but Calum wasn't too fond of me for whatever reason. Luke was my best friend out of all of them, we hang out a lot. He still hasn't gotten himself a girlfriend. I've been trying to set him up with girls but he denies, saying he's waiting for the right girl to come along. No, he doesn't have a crush on me, we've aleady tried dating, it didn't work. He's just not very into girls right now, he's trying to focus on the music which I understand. Ashton, however, is being such an idiot.

He always rants to me about how I need to talk to Ashton to get him out of whatever he's going through right now. I can't though, Ashton won't even glance my way in the hallways anymore. I deleted his number although I now have it thanks to him caling me at three in the morning last night. I would love to know who he slept with this time, but I doubt he even remembers who it was.

When Ashton and I were dating, it was simple. He knew I wasn't interested in that until it had been a while considering what I had been through with all of those other guys, and he respected that. I'm sure he had wanted to have sex but he never did because I really do think he loved me. But now I don't know anymore, he's giving himself to every girl he can get and eventually, he's going to start feeling like total shit. I did, because after he had the accident I went back to who I was before him but I've gotten myself together. I have a boyfriend and I'm not having sex with a different guy every weekend.

I wish I could warn him, because I know what it's like to drink all your problems away considering I was doing that forever and for a month after we ended it. He wouldn't listen to me though, he won't even listen to his bandmates, why would he listen to his ex-girlfriend? I just wish he would get some sense knocked into him. He went through that damn crash and he still hasn't learned that drinking is really bad. He's lost all common sense. I answer my phone to see Luke calling me.