chapter 22

Ashton's POV

It was the day of us leaving to go on tour so I was going to her house to get her. She hadn't answered any of my texts. I knock on the door and her dad answers.

"Is Abby home? She hasn't been answering her phone," I ask.

"Oh I thought she would've called you...she left for California two days ago. She got a modelling and college offer," he says and I shake my head.

"You're lying, she wouldn't leave without saying goodbye," I protest.

"She did say it would be a relief not to have to breakup with you in person, I guess this is what she meant...she also got rid of her phone so you couldn't contact her," he says with fake sympathy.

"You're lying," I almost shout.

"Go check her room," he says and I push past and sprint upstairs to her bedroom and when I swing open the door it's the same except kind of messy. She never left her room messy. I look in her closet and all of her clothes are gone. Even the teddy bear I have her that she always kept on her bed.

I sit down on the edge and put my face in my hands. She wouldn't have just left me. She would not leave me like this. I look up and her dad is standing in the doorway.

"Can you leave?" Her dad asks.

"What did you do to make her leave? I know she wouldn't leave me," I say with tears brimming my eyes. I haven't cried over a girl since Maggie.

"Pull yourself together, all you wanted was sex from her and I know it," he says.

"I'm not like every guy she's been with, I don't fuck and dump," I say.

"She's had sex before?" her dad asks and I freeze. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. "Ashton Irwin answer my question."

"Yes but not with me," I say.

"Get out," her dad says and I walk downstairs and out of the house. I walk home and I choke down tears on the way back. So we're over. We're done. I run my fingers through my hair and I walk back inside.

"Where's Abby?" My mom asks but I ignore her and go upstairs. I slam my door and pace around. I grab the Nirvana record she bought me and just stare at it. I wanted to snap it in half but I didn't have the heart. I place it down and grab my phone. I dial her number and press call.

"Hi! You've reached Abby! Sorry I can't get your call right now, I'll call back as soon as I can!" I hear her voice and shake my head. How could she leave me? Why would she leave me?

I shouldn't be so upset, it wasn't even a few months but she made me feel something again. She made me feel like I had a purpose. She treated me like I meant something but I now I'm right back to feeling numb. I feel like nothing.

I hear a knock on my door and I see Harry peek in and then walk inside and close the door behind him. He sits down next to me and looks up at me.

"Where's Abby?" he asks me.

"California," I say and he looks down.

"Why?" he asks.

"I don't really know," I say and he scoots closer to me and I put my arm around him.

"You really loved her, didn't you? More than Maggie?" he asks.

"Yeah...more than Maggie," I say and look up. I didn't want to cry in front of my little brother.

"I liked her too. So did mom," he says and I laugh.

"Yeah...she was pretty great," I say.

-

Wow I suck at updating im so so sorry okay im just running out of stuff for this story but i will start updating and it will be continued ive just been impossibly busy recently okay i love you guys bye