chapter sixteen

Ashton's POV

I had begun to remember a lot more, the doctors say it's a miracle. I'm still missing little details but I can remember the big things and most importantly, I can remember Abby. I remember when we met, I remember when she cried about idiots from our school when she was drunk, I remember taking her to the mountain for our first date, I remember being in love with her. I just wish that she was still in love with me. Although, no matter how much she wanted to deny it, I still believe she loves me.

She doesn't care about those assholes who are just using her, she wants to be with me. I know she wants to be with me. I'm sure she's come up with a million excuses for not getting back with me so that she could deny me every chance she got but I didn't want to give up. The easiest way to get her back, is to make her jealous. I know that's an awful thing to do but it's true. She won't pay attention to me when I'm alone but it I can find someone to agree to be my fake girlfriend, I can get her back because if there's one thing I do remember about Abby, is that she's the jealous type.

I pick up my phone and scroll through some contacts until I find a familiar name. I click call and she answers on the third ring.

"Hey, Ronnie,"

"Ashton? Hey! What's up?" She asks and I start pacing around my room trying to explain my situation to her. After I explained she was quiet for a few minutes until she finally spoke up.

"Okay, I'll do it. On one condition," I nod even though she can't see me, "Get me one date with Luke, please, just get me one chance with him."

"Deal," I smile and we make plans and finally hang up after scheming for almost an hour. I wasn't doing this to upset Abby, I was doing it to get her back and help her. She's going back to who she was and I know how much she hated that Abby.

-

I arrive to school with Ronnie in the passenger seat. When we get out I immediately grab her hand and she almost busts out laughing. We've been best friends for a while so I know this is kind of awkward. We walk past Abby who was laughing and kissing her "boyfriend" but as soon as she saw us her eyes went to our hands and she have Ronnie the dirtiest look possible. I kiss her in front of Abby and say goodbye so I can get to class and Abby rolls her eyes at us. I head to class and Abby enters shortly after. She sits down at her seat which is next to me and doesn't even glance at me.

"Hey Abby," I say and she turns to me.

"Hi Ashton, how's Ronnie?" she asks sweetly and I nod, playing along.

"She's great, thanks," I smile and she goes back to getting her stuff out for class. She was trying to hide the fact that she was jealous but I could see through her easily. I knew Abby and she didn't realise how well.

-

It's been a week and Abby is going to crack soon. She doesn't even look at me anymore. We've gotten everybody in on the plan because they knew how much Abby and I were in love. People in the school will bring up how cute we are to her and she'll mutter a comment and walk away. She's becoming more and more pissed and I know it. I don't want to make her mad but she won't give into me.

I was about to kiss Ronnie when Abby pushes me away from her and slaps me.

"You think that you're cute? Trying to make me jealous so you can get me back? That's immature and pathetic. Get over it, Ashton. You got drunk, you forgot me, you turned me down. Now it's my turn, forget about me again. I've stopped thinking about you so now you need to. I'm done with you. I wish I never met you," she says and pushes me against a locker. She didn't hurt me physically but her words hurt me. I close my eyes and everyone around me was silent.

"Abby, please," I can barely get out a whisper.

"No! Stop trying to make me fall for you by doing that stupid voice and giving me that fucking puppy face. It's not working!" She says and I take a step forward. I take her waist and I press my lips against hers. She takes a second to respond but then she finally starts kissing me back. After about three seconds she realised what she's doing and pushes me off.

"Never speak to me again," she says and storms off.

-

I bite my lip, hard, and start messing with my lip-ring as I pace around my room. I've been walking around up here for ages, wondering what the hell I should do. I pick up my phone and answer Ronnie who had tried calling at least five times but he had been too distracted to actually answer.

"Ashton, I don't think I can do this anymore," she says.

"I know, I'm sorry I brought you into this. It was a stupid plan," I mutter.

"No, it's okay Ashton. You will get her back eventually. You guys are made for each other," I can hear her smiling and I shrug.

"I don't know, Ronnie. Listen, I'll talk to Luke for you. I'm going to go now but I'll see you later," I say quickly and hang up before she even can say goodbye.

Maybe I should just get over Abby. I don't even think it was meant to be anymore. I should just find another girlfriend and forget about Abby. I need to find someone to get my mind off of Abby.