Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Rowan's POV

Shit.

Fuck.

Damn.

I fucked up. I fucked up big time.

For over thousands of years other supernatural species figured dragons were extinct. Thousands. Of. Years. And I just ruined that by being naive and too trustworthy.

After Avery came and saved my stupid ass and I shifted, she transported us to our Natural World since whatever was in that water took my powers out of commission. Ace was lucky he left early and my powers had been muted otherwise I would have a) fried him to a sizzling, electrocuted pancake or b) tore him to shreds. Or maybe both. I'm not too picky.

So here I am in a pine forest charring trees and ripping any stupid living animal to an unrecognizable mess of limbs that is dumb enough to come within twenty feet of my rage.

I can feel Avery watching me from overhead but she doesn't say anything to my angered surprise. Hell, she hasn't said a word to me ever since yesterday.

Yeah, I kind of have been destroying things for a day straight now. And that children, is why you don't piss off a storm/electric dragon.

My stomach growls but I ignore it as I snap a young pine in half with a sharp bite. I throw it over my head and growl in satisfaction when I hear it fly through the air crash a mile or two behind me into another tree.

What is going on here? A masculine voice speaks out of the blue.

I turn and growl at the blue and white dragon that lands beside me. His periwinkle eyes shine with a curious glint in the hot afternoon sun as he looks at remains of charred trees and trail of blood I've left for a mile or two.

I growl louder when I see the piece of black and purple armor he wears between his shoulders and wing joints. The armor of a Royal Guard.

Okay, here's the thing. When my parents were killed by humans, I was transported to Royal House by two guards when they found me in woods nearly starved to death. The Queen's most trust advisor, a pompous Fire dragon, sent me away to the Human World to be raised by a pure human family there.

The family was abusive and when I finally had enough and accidentally killed them in a fit of rage, which in turn had me sent back to our world to be raised by guards and soldiers in the R.A.C.E Program.

Let's just say being raised by strict and sometimes cruel dragons for half of your life isn't the best type of parenting.

General Rowan? I narrow my eyes and stand straight instead of crouching. I'm two feet taller than the male dragon which helps me notice the strands of jewelry woven around the straightest and longest white horns on his head. Hello, Colonel Mist.

Lose your temper?

Yes, I answer honestly.

He growls lowly -a dragon's equivalent to a laugh- and shakes his head. And who managed to set off your famous temper this time? Avery? Or Roderick?

Neither. A too curious werewolf somehow slipped me a potion so he could figure out what my species is.

Ah, he snorts and flames flicker out from his nostrils. That is why the Queen wanted to talk to you.

Well shit. I'm in for it now. Now or later? I'm kind of tired from destroying this forest.

Now of course. You'll live.