RBTD (05.5) Steven's Journal Entries

>>Hardening 05.5 (Steven’s Journal Entries)

//The journal never gets read in the main story besides that first page. Here is what the rest of the journal contained. Most of the entries are not important, so I omitted them.//

Day 01 of bandits

We were once happily camping, but these people took us away from our camp. Thank goodness the children weren’t awake. Because we were introduced to the new way of this place and the new things. The dead were walking around. The people, the bandits, told us bout it. It seemed we were lucky to not have come in contact with them yet. Until now. I didn’t want the children to have to face this, but they would eventually. We were set in a small tent and told to cut wood. My wife on the other hand was taken by the men to another camp. I was afraid what was being done to her.

Day 10 of bandits

I’ve been keeping track and we’ve been out here with these people for an entire week. Even more. My wife and those men still haven’t returned. My daughters are going hungry and want to know what happened. Also Jeff, my girls’ uncle and my wife’s brother, was taken yesterday with another group of men. I couldn’t even try to imagine what kind of things they are going through.

Day 23 of bandits

The men finally returned Jeff and gave us food the other day. However, Carrie, my wife, is still missing. Well, not missing, gone. I asked them and they said they’d return her after a few more days. I’ve been getting worried.

Day 102 of bandits

Carrie hasn’t returned, and we have only been receiving meals every other week. My children’s health has plummeted down. One can barely breathe and one can barely walk. I am worried for their future lives… They still haven’t come in contact with a walker, but I am scared they will soon… I want to tell them, but I’m sure they’ll panic. Jeff also told me they had been raping Carrie. I was angry, but I couldn’t do anything. No matter how angry I get, I must stay calm and protect my children.

Day 103 of bandits

They took all of us to a bigger bandit camp. There, we were tied to trees and forced to watch one of the men rape Carrie. It was horrible. The children cried, and Jeff got loose. He got them off her, but then those things came. The walkers. Jeff quickly got us untied. We ran, but one of them got him. We kept running, and the men caught up to us. I stopped and stood there so they couldn’t get to my daughters, but one of them passed me. The one I had managed to block shot me with an arrow. Jeff was dead, but they managed to save Carrie and I. My daughters got away. Hopefully they’re together and safe. I couldn’t imagine them being able to survive out there without each other.

Day 107 of bandits

Today, we heard that the bandits were going to check on the nearby inn. This was our chance to escape! I was tired of cutting wood and gathering twigs for their fires. So after they left, Carrie and I ran out into the street a bit far off from the inn. We saw a trail of blood leading down the street. We followed it despite. Suddenly, we were attacked. As I write this, our limbs have been torn off besides my arms and I am losing my mind. After I write this, the man is probably going to burn it. Good bye everyone. Please for my daughters, survive.