RBTD (06) Let's Regain What I Thought Was Lost

>>Hardening 06 (Let’s Regain What I Thought was Lost)

When I awoke, I was in a black area. All I could see was darkness. Was this a dream? Was I dreaming? All of a sudden, my sister Rhiannon came into view. I saw her mouthing something, but I couldn’t hear it. As I ran over to her, I noticed she was a walker. She was walking towards me grunting and groaning. Suddenly she stopped and became her normal self again. This was definitely a dream. However, it all seemed so real despite the fact it couldn’t be possible. I heard her calmly call out to me.

“Wake up! We’re so close! Wake up!”

Unlike the other times I had heard her voice and she told me something heartfelt, this was more of an excited plea. Like when you are almost at your destination after a long drive, but you can’t get out of the car until they wake up.

I woke up and realized they laid me on the little couch in the RV. I saw I was the only one inside. However, Doug came in and realized I was awake.

“Thank goodness!” He breathed. “I thought you died… But… B-but anyway, we need to get going! Kenny fixed the train and we’re going to leave soon.”

Train? How long was I sleeping for? Despite my confusion, I nodded and got out of the RV. As I looked around, I noticed an old man playing a guitar. He looked at me as I approached him.

“So you’re the gal that has been sleeping… I hear your name’s Raca? A pretty name. You don’t look all that useless though. You should have a better name than that.” He said looking down at his guitar.

“I guess…” Remembering that I made Raca my alias. I looked around and I noticed Ben and Travis looking around in the train and everyone else outside. Duck looked angry, but that was probably because Katjaa wouldn’t let him on the train.

“You look kind of like that girl who’s living with me.” The man looked at me. “Anyway, my name’s Chuck. Charles if you want to be fancy.”

“Thank you. It’s nice to meet you.” I bowed. “There is a girl living with you?”

“Yes.” Chuck replied looking over at Ben and Travis. “She should be behind those two on the other side of the box car… She dropped something and went to get it a few moments before you came out. She’s got talent for guitar. A little rough on the edges, but she’ll get there in no time. If I remember right, she said her name was Rhiannon… Rhiannon Middernacht I believe? She also had a sister she was looking for… Her name was--”

Before he could finish I interrupted him. “Okay!” I didn’t want them to know my name yet. “Thank you sir!” I ran over into the boxcar with Ben and Travis. I asked them if they saw her, and they told me she was out there trying to get the boxcar unattached so we could get on the road.

I couldn’t believe it! Was this Rhiannon my sister? Was it really the Rhiannon I knew? Was it the one who spent fourteen years with me? Could it possibly be her?! I hoped with my entire body and soul that it was her.