Chapter 7 ~ The first task

~~~~~~~~~~Day before the first task~~~~~~~~~~

*George's POV*

I can tell how tense Harry is. Hermione and Ron have been trying to teach him how to summon things from a far off distance, so that he can summon his broom for help in the arena.

Me, Fred and Lee are sat around the fire talking about our joke shop we're working on. At the moment we are trying to come up with other stuff to put in the 'skiving snack box's'

''so how far have we got?''

''So far we have, the puking pastles and...''

We're inturupted by what sounds like girls shouting and fighting outside the common room door.

Just as we're about to go have a look, the portrait door opens and a girl runs past crying her heart out cradaling her hand clost to her chest.

I soon realise its Phoenix and try and grab her before she goes up the staircase.

I just manage to catch her around the weighst before she can get away.

''Phoenix whats wrong?'' I ask my voice full of sympathy and worry as I catch a glimps of her hand covered in blood.

''Fluer Delacour and her poxy sluts that follow her around''

She replied looking really upset and angry.

I gently cradle her hand in mine and examin it. It looks like she was holding a bomb or firework that went off in her hand.

''what did they do?''

I ask gently as I guid her over to where me, Fred and Lee were sat.

she stared at her hand for a moment then explained that Fluer had been sending her jinxed letters that explode in your hand and cause really bad third degree burns.

''That looks really painful'' Lee says looking like he's going to throw up.

Phoenix half heartedly laughs.

''They've done worse''

She said looking down at her hand that has slowly stopped throbbing.

''how'd you mean worse?''

Fred askes looking just as confused as me.

Phoenix sighs deeply before explaining what actually happened troughout her 2 years at Bouaxbatons.

*Phoenix's POV*

''how'd you mean worse?''

Fred asks me looking as confused and worried as George.

I think back and go through the long and agonising list of shit that slut and her bitch's put me through.

''first two weeks I started at school were fine. I allways stayed away from the other girls because I'm not overly great at making new friends, although I have you guys...''

''yeah you done pretty well there aint you''

Lee jokes in a friendly way.

''I dont know why I was always their target, they never bullied anyone else. The worst that they or Fluer has ever done was, well I was seeing her older brothers mate and she, he's not a bad person and she put him under the Imperious curse, and...she made him do something I'm still struggling to forget''

I start shaking slightly as the memory of her forcing Joshua apon me one night while we were alone.

''what hurts the most is that it was someone I trusted, and now I'm really self consious and thats why I freaked out that night with you''