My Main Squeeze

In the car on the way to the coffee place, it was as if we had be best friends for life. It started off with us cracking a few jokes at one another, then we started talking about what we wanted to be when we graduated, (he wants to be a doctor and I want to be a kindergarten teacher) then to jamming out to MKTO's "Classic," and The Cab's "Bad." We were acting as if we were the only people in the world, and it felt amazing. It reminded me of the scene in "The Last Song" where Miley and Liam were in the truck just having a good time together.

When we got to the coffee house, we sat down at an outside table. I guess this was some kind of fancy coffee shop, because the waiter came to us and got our order. "I'll have an iced caramel macchiato," Noah said. "And for you?" Our waiter, Marc, asked, gesturing towards me. "I'll take a passion tea lemonade, sweetened please." I said, handing him the menu. "That's not coffee," Noah said, winking. Once he walked away, Noah started asking me questions about everything. My family, my likes, my dislikes, everything. We talked about everything while sipping on our delicious drinks. I returned the questions, and this went on for about an hour. Just getting to know each other. Once we finished our drinks, we walked around Redwood Heights Mall. "I really like you Alex." Noah said, looking deeply into my eyes. His eyes are the color of the Pacific Ocean, the perfect shade of blue. "I like you too." I said back, blushing. Then he did something I'll never forget. He cupped my face with his hands and kissed me. Noah Lucas kissed me. Me, Alex Jones! I smiled and kissed him back. We walked around the mall some more, then he told me he had to go to work. We got in his car and he dropped me off at my house, but not before he asked me to be his girlfriend! And, of course, I said yes! He started smiling and told me he was going to call me his "main squeeze" because when we were in middle school that's what we called each other. That's what we put each other's names as in our phones as and I got out of the car.

I got into my house, beaming, and shut the door, only to find my mother staring me down. "You were supposed to be home two and a half hours ago to babysit your sister young lady!" She yelled at me. "I'm sorry! I forgot!" I said, lying through my teeth. "I can't have you "forgetting" to babysit your sister Alexandria!" She said, air-quoting the word forgetting. Uh oh. She must be really pissed, because she only calls me Alexandria when I'm in serious trouble. "I said I was sorry, okay?!" I said, pretty loudly. "You made me miss my work meeting where I was going to get promoted! Because I wasn't there, I don't get the promotion!" She yelled. "OKAY! Chill out about it mom!" I said, instantly regretting it. She always gets ticked off majorly when I tell her to chill out. "That's it! Go to your room! You're grounded for a week! That means no going out, no sleepovers, and no hanging around with that boy you were just smooching." Apparently she had seen Noah and I's little kissing session. "Fine! Whatever!" I said, stomping up the stairs. At least she forgot one thing: my phone. "Oh, and no phone either!" Great. A wonderful week is coming up.