Chapter 3

I got ready the next morning purposely to impress HIM.  I wore a floral skirt and a white t-shirt that flattered my figure. I carefully put on my makeup, and I was happy with the flawlessness of my skin.

“I can work with that,” I said as I ran down the stairs.

    My mom handed me granola bar. I ate it as I packed up my bag. She waved goodbye as I ran to meet Connor outside.

“Hey —” he stopped as he noticed my appearance,  looking  a bit dumbfounded.

“Connor!” I said, waving my hand in his face.

“Sorry,” he smiled.

I suddenly felt a bit more comfortable in his presence.

“It’s okay,” I said.

He tore his eyes away from mine and pushed the pedal.

His eyes were just irresistible.

“Connor!” I said.

He laughed.

“So what’s your first class?” he continued.

We continued in small talk until we got to school.

“Walk with me. Please?” he asked. He was just completely nice to me.

He had officially accepted me.

“Sure, Connor,” I said.

    We walked over to the lobby where everyone hung out until the bell rang. Everyone looked at me as we walked in. I couldn’t help but be extremely nervous.

“Hey,” he put his hand on my back and guided me over to his friends.

I felt goosebumps come over me.

Connor was just.. well.. perfect.

    He introduced me to each one of his friends.  They all nodded and looked at me with interest . They had never even noticed me before.  It was like when you find that one shirt you’ve been looking for months. It seemed like I was the new thing.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing that everyone is staring at me. Not a bad thing at all.