The King (New Chapter)

Please listen to music linked with chapter.

It was the Jabari warriors. They weren't exactly rivals to Wakanda but they weren't allies either. There were rumors about their alleged brutish and old school ways of living. They didn't believe in technological advancements like the Wakandan's did. They came in with gorilla mask howling at us. The elders weren't pleased at all. I watched the scene slowly before me and Zuri turned around in shock and annoyance.

" M'Baku...what are you doing HERE ? ", Zuri addressed the stranger.

" It's challenge day ", Said M'baku. M'Baku turns to the crowd of Wakandan's now eyeing all of us. His eyes skimmed across me with disgust and confusion.

" We have watched and listened from the mountain! We have watched with disgust, as your technological advancements have been overseen by a CHILD ! ", M'Baku walked closer to Shuri and all the Dora's blocked her with their spears in warning to the stranger to keep away. Shuri looked at M'Baku with fear and anger. He backs away slowly finishing his rant.

" Who scoffs at tradition. And now you want to hand over our nation to this Prince who could not keep his own father safe ?! Hmm ? ", he walks over to T'Challa who was unmoving now. I gasped at his words. The Kings funeral would be today and it was still such a fresh wound for T. He had extreme control, not letting M'Baku's words get to him.

" We will not have it.......I say WE WILL NOT HAVE IT-O. I, M'Baku, leader of the Jabari w- ", T'Challa cut him off.

" I accept, your challenge M'Baku ", T'Challa's exterior remained calm as per usual.

" Glory to Hanuman ", M'Baku boasted.

The drums start seconds later and Zuri places a mask over T'Challa's face representing the Black Panther. M'Baku puts his Gorilla mask on ready with his spear. My heart starts racing as this could very well be a fight to the death.

" Let the challenge, begin ! ", Zuri smashes his long wooden spear into the water and the fight starts. I hold Romanda's hand tightly watching the love of my life slosh in the water against a total stranger. M'Baku's soldiers and the Dora's close into the fight as M'Baku knocks T'Challa over harshly. He picks him up again bending him over for what seemed to be an incoming headbutt. I see T'Challa's eyes land on the three of us - Shuri, Romanda and I.

" Show him who you are !!!! ", Romanda yelled with all her might.

T'Challa quickly recovers by punching M'Baku into the water and we cheer. He continues to punch him causing his mask to fall drawing blood from M'Baku's face. I'd never seen T'Challa so violent before. I was just praying that he didn't lose.
Just when I thought we were getting somewhere M'Baku recovers and stabs T'Challa with the end of his spear right in his pectoral muscle. My hands immediately go to my mouth. I never knew that I could feel his pain. My heart ached watching the blood gush from his body.

" Do this T'Challa ! ", Shuri encouraged.

He only seems to become more angry pulling the spear out of his skin. T'Challa aims for M'Baku's legs knocking him into the water and using his legs to pin M'Baku beneath him. As the Dora's and the Jabari close in with their spears, I see that they are right next to the waterfall. T'Challa squeezes his thighs around M'Baku's neck slowly choking him and displaying his dominance over him, dangling his head just over the waterfall.