19: incomplete / vmin

INCOMPLETE

WORD COUNT 2K
OVERVIEW the last place jimin expected to meet his soul partner was when he was adopting a cat ( soulmate!au )

PLAYLIST i wait / day6

PARK JIMIN WAS UTTERLY EXHAUSTED, in every way possible.

his exams had taken his brain, blown a hole through it, and then fucked the hole, and his sleeping schedule had been violently beaten up in an abandoned warehouse by the one thing every student dreaded: revision. so when he finally returned to his apartment on the last exam day, after working two hours at a café, he collapsed onto the sofa.

jimin let a long, drawn out groan escape his plump lips, staring at his ceiling with weary eyes, smiling weakly when his cat, a small calico named noodle, jumped into his lap, meowing and padding at his stomach with soft paws. she curled up on his chest, and although jimin just wanted to stay on the couch and decompose forever, he needed to shower, and desperately.

his shower only lasted around ten minutes, and he definitely felt less close to dying once he stepped out. he dried off his orange hair and glanced at the inscription on his wrist, like he always seemed to do after a shower. a small tattoo, not one he got willingly, one he gained when he was five, as result of the stupid soulmate concept his society revolved around. any two people could be soulmates, if their tattoos a) matched or b) completed the others.

jimin's wrist had a simple yet infuriating sentence: "i am in". every time it was on display, jimin found himself staring hopelessly at his wrist, praying for an explanation to pop out of thin air. it was why he wore long sleeves to exams and tests, so he'd never get distracted by the neat black hangul on his skin.

it was unfair, jimin thought, as he dressed himself. his best friends, hoseok and namjoon, had easily found their soulmates; namjoon and his boyfriend yoongi - yeah, namjoon being gay was a shocker to everyone - both had a kendrick lamar lyric on their collarbone, while hoseok and jin had a half each of a disney quote from mulan, their favourite movie. all while jimin was stuck with this goddamn "i am in". what could it be?

" maybe it's 'i am in your heart'?" namjoon suggested as the group slaved over math revision in the local mcdonalds, a pile of fries in the middle of the table. jin shook his head, and hoseok mumbled a 'nah', writing down the correct answer to a question.

"doesn't make sense. it's gotta make sense," the eldest muttered, writing down an algebraic formula and grabbing a handful of fries. "maybe "i am in love"?"

"too sappy," yoongi shook his head, mint strands of hair shaking into his face.

"look, yoongs, just because your soulmate tattoo says "sit down, lil bitch, be humble" doesn't mean that other people's ones can't be sappy!"

jimin shook his head at the thought of his friends stupid suggestions, heading to his kitchen and grabbing some leftover takeaway from the fridge. he settled himself on the sofa, noodle sat beside him, and turned on the tv, letting some k-drama he'd never watched before play.

"it's easy for you, noodle," jimin sighed, scratching the cat's belly. "you don't have to deal with fugging soulmate tattoos. although, maybe i should get you a friend. just so you don't lonely when i'm at school," the cat purred as if in agreement. jimin nodded. "right, that's sorted. i'll get you a friend tomorrow. but first, i'm gonna binge watch this until i figure out what the fuck is gonna on."