we met under a cherry blossom tree

Ugh, this is so annoying. Why did I say that I would come along? Why did i agree to be Friend A? I mumbled as I walked along the trail leading to the meeting place. 

But then, I heard it. 

I ran towards the sound, which was coming from the meeting place. I stopped and took in the view. A girl in a pink and white dress, her black hair pinned up in a small ponytail. She was sitting up in a cherry blossom tree, the dark bark making her pale green eyes stand out. The girl was playing the violin, and I listened intently. 

It was a breath taking view. 

I pulled out my phone and took a picture, my glasses sliding down my nose. I pushed them back up, just as a gust of wind swept by, pulling my blonde hair out of it's bun. The ribbon that was holding it in place flew away, and I chased after it in a rush.  I tripped and fell flat on my face in the grass. I sighed, my hair falling every where. 

Here, someone said. I looked up, and saw the girl who was in the cherry blossom tree standing in front of me, a pale yellow ribbon in her hand. 

Uh, thanks, I said, getting up and dusting off my dress, which was also a pale yellow. I grabbed the ribbon and skilfully returned my hair to it's usual mess of a bun. I turned to walk away when I crashed into Kousei and landed on the ground again. What the heck, Kousei?! I yelled, picking up my bag, which had fallen from my shoulder. 

Oh, hey Kousei, the girl said. Did you bring Watari? 

Kousei nodded.

Wait, you two know each other? I asked in utter confusion. I stood up and dusted my dress for the second time that day. Both of them nodded as Watari came up from behind us. Oh. 

Yeah, she's the girl I was talking about, Kousei said, smiling at her warmly

Oh. Um. You play the violin? I asked awkwardly, my hands twitching. She nodded.

Speaking of which, I have a competition so I need to get going. But you can come watch if you want, the girl told me. I smiled and nodded as she picked up her violin and ran to TOWA HALL. 

As the boys followed her, I fell behind, staring after them. I had met this girl under a cherry blossom tree, not knowing a single thing about her, yet she filled my monotone world with the colour it had been missing for fourteen years. The thought of her warmed my heart, even though  I only had a five minute conversation with her. When I saw her with a violin, my hands itched to touch the keys of a piano one more time. 

What was this feeling?